Author Topic: So what did Santa bring you?  (Read 3359 times)

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1423
Re: So what did Santa bring you?
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2018, 10:34:11 AM »
If you ate a full sized 1911 made entirely of sugar free chocolate it wouldn't be your mouth you have to worry about shooting off.  :o

Yep.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2018, 03:47:20 PM »
All I wanted for Christmas was my 2 front teeth, just like in the song. A sliver of a filling fell out this week and another piece was moving around but I couldn't get it out. The dentist said I had so many fillings the X-rays looked like Swiss cheese. So I got 2 temporary crowns today. Before they let me go the dentist's assistant told me the usual nothing hard or chewy to eat and don't floss. Then she said since it's my front teeth don't down bite down on anything like apples or carrots. I thought it was odd that she mentioned the only fruits and vegetables I have and no others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QghrH_kSWl0
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2018, 11:45:05 AM »
If you ate a full sized 1911 made entirely of sugar free chocolate it wouldn't be your mouth you have to worry about shooting off.  :o

Indeed.

My wife bought some sugar free ice cream by mistake a couple months ago and I didn't realize it until AFTER a bowl of it took effect.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 07:59:03 PM »
Last night I ordered a 42" rifle case from LA Police Gear. They're shipping it by FedEx and I got the tracking number today. I bought it for my shotgun that I think is around 39" long. It's short enough to fit in the case anyway.

Now I'll be able to use my Colt rifle case for my Colt AR only. And I won't have to use a case that's about 14" longer than the shotgun if I carry both guns at the same time. I could also use it for my M94 Trapper, instead of a really long flimsy case that's folded in two. I have soft cases for everything but this should have more padding than most of them. And it has a butt pocket and Velcro straps inside.

I also ordered a Nite Ize LED bulb that's supposed to convert 2-6 C and D cell flashlights that use a flanged incandescent bulb like my full-size Maglites. It was half the price Nite Ize had listed on their site. My 2 C cell Maglight is my main flashlight and I'll try the LED bulb in it. I bought a cheap LED flashlight last year that takes rechargeable 18650 batteries. I'll take them both when I go camping this summer and see which one I like the best. I got 25% off both items and my total with tax and shipping is $40.75. That sounded reasonable to me.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 11:15:31 PM »
I got my gun case today. After a brief look it seems to be good but I was surprised the padding wasn't softer like some of my old cases. I think it's closed cell foam which would be a good thing. My AR with a 20" barrel and 40 5/8" overall length just barely fit, but it doesn't matter since I bought it for my shotgun. If I had a regular length flash hider on my AR it would be a great fit.

I put the LED conversion bulb in my Maglite and gave it the "quick wave in front of the eyes" test. With the old incandescent bulb it was just slightly annoying. With the LED bulb it was uncomfortable and left me seeing spots for a moment. Shining it around in the house I can see it's not as white as my LED flashlight but seems to throw a more useful beam. I thought it wouldn't hold a candle(power) to a purpose built LED flashlight. And there's no telling how old my batteries are. I think I've used them for a few years already, and the original bulb made a much yellower and dimmer light. A new pair of batteries should perk it up but I'll use the old ones a while longer before I check their voltage.

All in all I'm happy with the gun case and LED bulb. And my two front teeth.  ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:11:42 AM »

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2019, 09:17:40 AM »
To the OP, well, a new house!

Actually, we closed on 11/9 so an early Santa "gift". And, no, we haven't sold the old one yet . . .

As of 1/5, we have unofficially become denizens of the great state of GEORGIA (USA, not Caucasus), near Savannah. I'm here, my bride is back in KY getting stuff on the old house fixed up to get it on the market this spring, and we'll be commuting back and forth - that's the plan anyhow.

I got down here as the house had been sitting empty (renters were the previous occupants) since 5/31 and we needed to have a presence here. Granted, the house is at the end of a very long cul-de-sac and is surrounded by woods - deep woods at that - so not a lot of risk, but still.

Lots of background to this new chapter, but the funniest part was when my bride told me in late November that I was "itching to get to Savannah". See, she is spooked by the prospect of hurricanes and alligators in the swampy woods around us. Me OTOH, I don't do hot and humid. So I told her that if we were moving where I druthered, it would be to Wyoming, not Savannah.

Did I mention the snakes down here? As we left the housing area on our way back to KY in November, we passed a dead rattlesnake in the gutter. Them I can handle, we had those in WY and ND when I was out there. There are cottonmouths and water moccasins around here too, so I have some learning to do about them.

What I was "itching" for was to get started on work that needs to be done here - family-related but likely more than that too.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2019, 07:17:41 PM »
Nice.  Georgia is a neat place.  Don't they film that zombie show Walking Dead in Georgia?

Peg may be able to help you out on good places to get grub...
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2019, 08:55:40 PM »
They film a lot of shows in Georgia. It also happens to be one of the handful of states that have all 4 types of venomous snakes in the U.S.  ---  rattlesnakes (3 kinds), cottonmouths, copperheads, and coral snakes. That's one of the drawbacks of some southern states. Keep your snake boots on when you go outside.

In Michigan we only have Massasauga rattlesnakes, and they're so scarce they're federally protected as a threatened species under the Endangered Species Act. Most people probably don't even know there are rattlesnakes here. You can go a whole lifetime without seeing one. They're mostly in a few counties around and south of Detroit.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2019, 11:15:07 AM »
Welcome to the peach state, Path.

There's not much info for me to pass on concerning Savannah. I've lived in GA for 95% of my life, but have never been there, so I don't know anything about the local eatin' joints.
The wife and some family and friends that have been at times over the years all say that the old historical areas are beautiful, but that there are areas of the city that are not so beautiful, both in appearance and societal aspects.
You have a few months before skeeter season starts.  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk