Author Topic: New Beretta / Wilson Combat 92-G Brigadier Ordered  (Read 4185 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
New Beretta / Wilson Combat 92-G Brigadier Ordered
« on: December 27, 2018, 05:19:05 AM »
I've been trying to grab a factory stock Beretta Model 92 Brigadier for a while now. The problem is they are never in stock.... Anywhere. Either in the Bruniton or Inox finish. This Wilson Combat 92-G is the cream of the crop, albeit pricey. Davidson's got 5 of them in on Christmas Eve, so I immediately ordered one. I just got shipping confirmation this morning, (it's coming from Davidson's in Prescott), and I'll be picking it up from my FFL tomorrow. Beretta / Wilson does a nice job on these pistols, with the slide fitting, trigger, sights, hammer, frame checkering, springs, extended steel magazine release, and pretty much everything else. Like all Brigadier's it has the much thicker slide.

When you break it down, the price isn't too bad if you add up the cost of all the custom Wilson Combat parts they put in it. There was a guy on You Tube who sent his stock Beretta 92 in, to have all the upgrades and action tune done. He said it ran him around $750.00. Throw in the cost of the gun on top of that, and it's right around what I paid for the whole gun new in the box. Plus the gun ships with 3, 15 round magazines, that are supposed to be "sand resistant". I have no idea how a magazine can, "resist sand". Most likely sales hype. I've got several 17 and 20 round Mec-Gars on hand for my other Beretta 92, so I'm good in the magazine dept.

I'll most likely wait until after the 1st to get to the range and crank it up. That way everyone will be back to work, and the range won't be so crowded. I've read nothing but good reviews on this pistol. And I'm feeling pretty safe and confident buying any gun with the Wilson Combat name on it. They don't make junk. My gun is identical to the one in this video, except it has the cherry wood grips instead of the olive colored G10's. I'll try to get some pics up when I get it. Anyway, at my age I'm finding the best Christmas presents are the one's you buy for yourself. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1GX33_-P5A&t=420s

Timothy

Re: New Beretta / Wilson Combat 92-G Brigadier Ordered
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 12:39:54 PM »
You have a sickness, Bill!   One that most of would want, BTW!)

I liked my Model 92 from b4 the military adopted the platform.  I'm sure they're better today!

Now, does Bill Wilson create these or does Beretta build the pistol from Wilson's spec requirements?

T

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 12:57:56 PM »
You have a sickness, Bill!   One that most of would want, BTW!) I liked my Model 92 from b4 the military adopted the platform.  I'm sure they're better today! Now, does Bill Wilson create these or does Beretta build the pistol from Wilson's spec requirements?

From what I've been able to determine Beretta builds them to Wilson's specs using Wilson's parts. Wilson then receives the finished guns, inspects them, and from there they go out to the distributors. Wilson has the final call if the guns go out, or back to Beretta if they feel everything isn't up to their specifications.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 02:41:50 PM »
Get down with the sickness. It's okay as long as you can afford to treat it.  :)  If you never oil the coated mags sand will be less likely to stick to them than if they were plain mags with a light coat of oil. Does that make them sand resistant? I usually do very lightly oil my blued steel mags.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 02:45:25 PM »
That's a nice pistola, Bill.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:41:15 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 02:53:39 PM »
That's a nice pistola, Bill.

Yes it is. I forgot to mention that.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 02:59:46 AM »
I picked it up yesterday. It's a beautiful gun. The slide to frame fit is the best I've ever encountered on an auto pistol. Beautifully smooth with zero play. 3 Magazines are included, with a nice embossed Wilson Combat Carrying Case, and a bottle of "Wilson Lube". (Thin as water, and looks like ATF cut with Kerosene). After New Years I'll head to the range and light it up. The sights on this thing are beautiful. A nice Trijicon front blade that is very bright. (At least in my pitch black closet).

I must say the coating on the magazines is slicker than snot. Much slicker than the bright polished blue on the Mec-Gar's. I'll dig up some 20 rounder's I've got to bring to the range. Wilson / Beretta really did a nice job on this gun. I can't find a single thing on this pistol I don't like. It feels and points, and is every bit as ergonomically comfortable as any of my CZ's. And the weight is perfect with the slightly heavier Brigadier slide. The checkering on both the front and rear strap is aggressive, but doesn't come off looking or feeling like a potato grater. All the controls operate effortlessly, and none are tight. And the grips look and feel good. No sharp edges exist anywhere on the gun, or any of the controls. They did a nice job dehorning it without going crazy. Like they do with so many of the "meltdown" models.

Overall thus far I'm impressed. If this thing runs as good as it feels and looks, I'll be a happy camper.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 06:19:04 PM »
I like the way it looks with those grips better than with the color of grips in the video. Subdued but not too plain.

BAC

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 07:24:41 PM »
Yowza that's pretty!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 02:42:52 AM »
I like the way it looks with those grips better than with the color of grips in the video. Subdued but not too plain.

I like the reddish hue better as well, instead of the mustard yellow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk