Author Topic: OFASTS 2019  (Read 12695 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
OFASTS 2019
« on: June 17, 2019, 06:03:04 AM »
www.oklahomafullauto.com

This weekend.  I have two slots for this one. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: OFASTS 2019
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 02:34:02 PM »
Gotta be a load of fun.

I've fired some FA before, but never in a setting where I was surrounded by a ton of FA ordnance.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 07:37:40 PM »
You can change that this weekend!!!    ;D

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 07:46:51 PM »
You can change that this weekend!!!    ;D

Ain't got the gas money....  ;D ... had to spend an extra $300 to get my AC fixed while camping a couple weeks ago. My butt still hurts from that.  :'(
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 06:55:56 AM »
Dang man.  Sorry to hear about the AC going on the blink. 

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:46:21 AM »

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 01:25:24 PM »
Dang man.  Sorry to hear about the AC going on the blink.

It was 106 degree heat index the day we got there and the beach loop where we stay has no shade. The camper AC worked fine the first day and then the thermostat and control circuit board started short-cycling the compressor (off/on/off/on).
It was an older model AC unit (2006) with the old style slide thermostat and a new style digital with circuit board upgrade was actually cheaper (parts-wise) than a direct replacement.
I could've done it myself, but would have had to drive to Jacksonville to buy the parts, which would have cost more than what the repair guy let me have them for, and I didn't have all the tools needed either.
After weighing the costs for parts, travel, and a few tools, I really only lost about $125 above what my DIY cost would've been.

That's the cost of having a camper. September two years ago my b-i-l had to have his entire AC unit replace while we were all down there camping. It cost $1200 but his insurance covered $700 of it.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 08:51:56 PM »
Well shucks, drag that thing over to Wyandotte, OK, for the shoot.  It's $5 a day to park your RV...no water or power though.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 11:49:57 AM »
At 10 mpg tops to tow it, for that distance it'd be cheaper to just fly.  ;D

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 06:14:23 AM »
Peg it's just as well you missed it.  For the first and worst time in 20 years we got rained out Sunday.  I made it in around 07:30 just before the flash floods hit.  A couple of storms had rolled through and washed out a couple of roads coming in.  A low bridge I crossed over a clear rock creek gained about 6' and put it over the bridge handrails within 30 minutes of my crossing.  This was some of the worst flooding they had ever seen.

Mike Friend (Firing Line owner and OFASTS Head Wheel) had fix a washout and run a grader over several miles of county road to get us out.  It's a good thing the roads in/out had been upgraded this year.  The staff was really helpful in loadout and picking up the tents that blew over and collapsed.  We had a good time on Saturday and Saturday night...at least I got home a little early this year.

It's a shame we were rained out.  We had a great turnout, lots of visitors and vendors this year.  Shooting targets out a the helicopter this year was great.

Next there is the Tri-State (TFASTS) show this September 21 & 22nd in the Oklahoma panhandle to go to http://www.tristatefullauto.com/.  TFASTS shouldn't get rained out!!!

Keep an eye out for June 20th and 21st for OFAST 2020 and plan on coming out!

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 08:52:57 AM »
Hate the weather shortened the weekend....... several acquaintances in the mid-west have been getting pounded by storms and flooding this year.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk