Author Topic: I so hate re agents...  (Read 10733 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: I so hate re agents...
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2020, 02:22:54 PM »
In my experience, getting referrals from the locals AND making those calls to verify is well worth the effort.

My daughter is currently suffering from using friends (fair weather type) to help with their renovation.

No bs, if she needs some help ( as in some one to talk to about it)  i can pm you my number and she can call me. 

Just tell her this kreepy unemployeed guy, you met online wants to talk yo her.  She will be all for it.  Or you could her the truth, i k ow this sob, but he knows his stuff and is willing to help.

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2020, 03:51:47 PM »

No bs, if she needs some help ( as in some one to talk to about it)  i can pm you my number and she can call me. 

Just tell her this kreepy unemployeed guy, you met online wants to talk yo her.  She will be all for it.  Or you could her the truth, i k ow this sob, but he knows his stuff and is willing to help.

Ha, ha...

Thanks TAB!  Appreciate that...

They?re almost done, lessons learned and not too costly.  Just messed with their schedule.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2020, 04:02:41 PM »
I run on the "scotty" time table( from star trek)  you take however long its going to take and multiply that by 4.  That way they think you are a miracle  worker or if you run into a big smafu.  You are covered. 

It feels wired having all this time on my hands.   I have about 35 properties  on my list to check out.  Dealing with that many agents is driving me nuts.  When you have a property listed,  i expect you to know things like diametions of the lot/ house sqft, school districsts,  zoning,  hoas...   you know basic questions.  I dont need exaxt numbers.  If a house has 1578 sqft saying about 1600 is fine.   Even questions like is it on local utility's  or well/ septic is a challenge for them.

Timothy

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2020, 04:28:26 PM »
My one experience in home ownership wasn?t positive at first. 

Using sisinlaw family agent was my first mistake, using banks recommendation for a home inspection (1991 Inspections were new) created problems. 

I?ve got a good background on building, electrical, plumbing, etc...done it all...

It took me seven years to fix what the inspector overlooked! 

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2020, 05:12:06 PM »
My one experience in home ownership wasn?t positive at first. 

Using sisinlaw family agent was my first mistake, using banks recommendation for a home inspection (1991 Inspections were new) created problems. 

I?ve got a good background on building, electrical, plumbing, etc...done it all...

It took me seven years to fix what the inspector overlooked!
  only 7 years,  ypu got lucky.  The last one i did,  for a customer  that had a crapy inspector out, they had 7 items, mostly small stuff like expired smoke detectors and missing stickers on gfci protected outlets.   I have 4 pages and i did not even go on the roof or in the crawl space.   

Dont even get me started on pest inspectors amd ca structral pest control board.  What you need to know is they are liable for a max of 5k including all court costs,   they do not have to pull permits for structral repairs and do not have to give you a warrenty. 

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 01:23:04 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2020, 02:42:06 PM »
Another day, another idiot...   went to go look at a lot with a custom home on it built about 10 years ago.   The re agent walked me  around the property.  I noticed they had a leak i  thier well storege tank, now this was a 2700 gallon tank.  ~9' in diameter  and about 8' tall, with it being barried i. The ground about 4'   so you have this big plastic tank have under ground and half above, with pipes going in and out.  Not really a big deal as they are about 3k installed.   I mention and point it out to her. " thats not a well storege tank, they are on city water"   now this property was down a county road where the closest home was over a mile away.   The rest was cattle ranch land spiked here and there with wells and water stations.   Lots of barrbed wire.  It was also about 25 miles to the closest city...

I swear you can not make this stuff up.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2020, 07:27:17 PM »
Yeah, I am not surprised.  The real problem though is that they vote.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2020, 03:55:47 PM »
And again, found an Einstein.

~9 acres recently sub divided from a larger property... 

So i ask the obvious  question, was it actually surveyed?

" why would you want to waste money in that?  It goes from this fence to that fence."

I am not sure if they are getting dumber or are they making me dumber.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2020, 04:06:31 PM »
That was dumb.  But they are probably just playing to their normal audience....

I had the place in Arkansas surveyed and I ended up with a strip of land across the road the realtor did not know was mine but which made up 1-1/2 acres of the total property advertised.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

I so hate re agents...
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2020, 04:23:10 PM »
Hell, I had an acre surveyed because it was such a f*#ked up parcel!

Glad I did...it allowed me to clear a lot line and replant something resembling a barrier from my neighbor!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk