Author Topic: I so hate re agents...  (Read 10666 times)

Timothy

Re: I so hate re agents...
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 02:22:22 PM »
Solus, the last ten or eleven years, those of us on salary were required to do our own reviews, then the management would determine if our opinions of our performance were in line with their's!  The system really sucked...

I asked my brother, who worked for GD for 37 years, from entry level engineer (Navy FTB1) to middle management.  He said that companies adopted this practice because most people would under rate their own accomplishments thereby giving management a reason to lower the percentage of pay increases and bonuses.  Whether that's true is unknown..

Glad to not have to deal with this crap anymore.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2019, 06:50:52 PM »
When I was a manager in the IT dept of a school district I received a "demerit" on my review because I was getting the job done exceptionally well with staff numbers below what was reported as normal staffing.  It said my getting so much from my staff was bad because if I left they would be required to increase staff to get the job done....

Sounds a out right.

I have a few close friends that always said I should hire some one to replace me.   I kept telling them I would need to hire 4 or 5 people to do that.  People are always amazed that we just have 3 support staff.  1 payroll/ accounting, 1 office manger/ phones and one " go for".  Most similar companies have 5-12.  It's because I do the other stuff.  When you call any of the phone numbers,  my cell rings.  No bs  you dial the 1800# you have about a 50/50 shot I pick up.  I field calls from people  looking for a handy man all the way to 10 mill+  calls.  It's always funny when they ask to speak to me and I say speaking...  The guys that bought the company were that way.  I picked up and th3y ask to speak to me using my full legal name.  I said " speaking what can I do for you?"     Later on in the negotiations  I got the, " this man answers his own phone, he is not going to just let the lawyers handle it"    from the buyers staff in reguards to  one of thier lawyers trying to get us to leave and let the lawyers talk.  I just smiled and looked at the lawyers blank faces.. in the end I  think I made thier head lawyer age about 5 years in 3 months.  I know at 1st they had no idea who they were dealing with, by the .I'd way point they had actually had  hired a pi to do a back ground check.  I bet they were shocked too see just how much I have been in court.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2019, 07:12:47 PM »
TAB, from many post is many threads, I have see you fully support those who work for you...as long as they are worthy.  That is the lesson I learned in the Army.  If your superior shows he cares about your welfare it generates so much trust and loyalty.  Had an officer who wanted to go drinking with me after a days work.  The Enlisted Men's Club was closest so his plan was he would wear my E3 field jacket and I would carry his 1st LT field jacket and we would drink in the enlisted men's club. 

I had another LT who would see me in the post movie theater and drop his kid in my lap from behind. I worked in Div. G2 and he was the commander of the Div Military Intelligence detachment..who was traditionally assigned as the head of the G2 section.  I had a run in a Sgt and got a weekend leave pulled...he resigned his post at the head of the G2 section because he was unable to get my pass reinstalled. 

I would follow either of those men into Hell because neither would risk my life unless there was no alternative and they would be there in front of me.

I had more of these exceptional good officers and a load of poor ones...and learned from both.

TAB I have seen from many of your posts...down to looking to teach blind folks to be able to use guns for self defense that you are one of those  Good Officers.   Keep it up.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2019, 04:18:13 PM »
Got a phone call at 8 am on the dot this morning.  From the re agents broker.  " what can we do to make this right?"  "You can make all future  contact with my attorney Mr xxx.... thank you, good bye"

I don't like to be an ass hole, but if you want to go that route I can be the biggest  ass hole you have ever seen. 

I am the nicest guy you will meet and the most predictable.  I have clear lines in the sand, I tell you where that line is.  You cross it and you will get an approate response.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2019, 08:05:22 PM »
Careful Timothy!  When I was involved with EMS and Rescue, I was in the ER with a person we brought in.  He said something almost identical to that, and our transfer to higher care than the local hospital could provide was changed to a facility that also had a "mental" wing.  It was a contract firm from out of the area, but they had been in the area for over a year.  We knew the managers and visited with them often.  One morning at the cafe for breakfast I asked about the man we helped.  Turns out he was put in the psych ward, and in the end he lost his job over it.  Not that he really was a threat or unbalanced, but because in a period of extreme pain and injury, after being injured on the job by the actions of others, he expressed himself.

With these proposed red flag laws, this could get you flagged.

A good friend's dad got put on a 72 hour psych hold at an area "nervous hospital" for making a statement in a doctor's office. They had been trying to diagnose his ailment to no effect for months and he was in there one day and said as bad as he was hurting he's be better off dead if they couldn't find the problem. Next thing he knew the sheriff deputies were handcuffing him and stuffing him in a back seat.
He had to spend the night because of the time of day it was, but they figured out the next morning that he wasn't serious and discharged him.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:15:25 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2019, 08:42:19 PM »
My great uncle at 87, dieing of colon cancer( that had spread every where), in withdrawal  from the methadone he was on for pain, said "he wanted to die"   it was over heard by some one. I had to go down to la county sheriff's  office to collect his guns.  He spent 3 days in la county mental health.  All because he said something that not one person here would not have said.

Timothy

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2019, 09:45:11 AM »
Society has lost its sense of humor and common sense entirely!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 02:34:45 PM »
Society has lost its sense of humor and common sense entirely!

Indeed, suh....indeed.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2019, 08:27:36 AM »
Indeed, suh....indeed.

"Suh" was my dad.... 

;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2019, 06:34:03 PM »
Well it's official, suspended  her for 1 year for ethic violation.

Add another to the wall of shame.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk