Author Topic: Name of apocalyptic dramatization that Michael Bane was a SME on???  (Read 2161 times)

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Hi everybody!

Long time no hear....right?

Two of my coworkers....one is the same age as me...47...the other guy is in 30's...and I were having a talk with one of our newest and youngest coworkers....he is 21...the other night about the "veneer of civilization".

At some point, I brought up that kinda sorta documentary/dramatization of an apocalypse like event that Michael Bane was a special guest/interviewee/Subject Matter Expert on.

I cannot remember the name of that show for the life of me.

Arrrgghhh....   >:(

I tried looking up Michael Bane on IMDB.  MB is definitely listed there, but just not that show.

What I do remember was there were other SME's interviewed sporadically throughout the program.  One was a female Air Force SERE instructor.

I also remember that the hypothetical scenario presented wad something like a deadly flu sweeping through Los Angeles.

There were roving gangs of looters.

And there was a family that was trying to get away.

At some point they pulled off to the shoulder on some two lane highway out in the sticks/desert.  They got out of their vehicle.  Then one of those roving gangs showed up.  Instead of trying to siphon the gas out of the tank, one dude just crawled under the car with a catch basin, a flat bladed screwdriver, and a hammer.  With just one or two whacks, he punched a hole in the fuel tank and let the leaking gasoline drop into the catch basin.

Once they got their basin full , they took off basically leaving that family stranded.

Soooo....what was the name of the show?

TIA!

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: Name of apocalyptic dramatization that Michael Bane was a SME on???
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 06:41:27 AM »
After Armageddon on the History Channel.  At least, that was the premier episode location.

https://michaelbane.blogspot.com/2010/01/mb-on-history-channel-tonightthe-most.html

So what the heck is up?  How's competition going for you these days?

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 09:22:36 AM »
Thanks Rastus for the reply!

Looks like the full Afte Armageddon is on YouTube:

Let me see if that link works.

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 09:51:56 AM »
A-ha!  Good the YouTube "button" works.

How is competition going for me?

Wellll...

It's not.

I will try to make a long story short.  I promise.

I was the volunteer, non-paid USPSA and Steel Challenge match director for a year and a half at the World Shooting Complex in Sparta, IL.

Key words being volunteer and non paid.

The Shooting Complex is run by the IL DNR.

As you have probably heard, the state of Illinois is billions in debt mostly due to retirements/pensions.

So the people at the ILDNR decided to contract out a married couple to do whatever.  In the process, the IL DNR booted me out of my unpaid/volunteer match director slot, and made them the match directors.

I figure the state was paying the husband and wife...oh...probably somewhere between $30,000 and $60,000 each to do whatever at the Shooting Complex.

There were some other shenanigans going on mixed with drama llama bullshit that made me feel unwelcomed in the St. Louis metro area "action pistol" community.

So I shot my last match in April 2012.

For a spell sometime between April 2012 and say 2018, the state was so short on funds that they actually closed/shuttered the Shooting Complex.

It has been open for at least a couple of years now and is under new management.  That married couple has long since moved on.

Now, with different leadership, they actually hold "tactical two gun" matches out there:

And they even open up the pistol berms to the public.  It costs $15 and they let me shoot their steel targets:

and:

Soooo...I guess you could say I could still hold my own even though I haven't shot any competitions in 7 years.

;D

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 11:39:05 PM »
Good to see you are still putting boolits down the pipe and on target.

Sponsor

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 05:31:23 PM »
Thanks Rastus!

I try to make it to the range at least once a week.

My new job is a rotating schedule, so I get days off right in the middle of the week...which I have found is the best time to go to the range.

;D

I have been "tinkering"... reloading mainly .223 lately.

My second Dillon 650 is almost all set up, so I will be cranking out some .308 Winchester (large primer) here very soon.

My .223 reloads have been kinda "plagued" with concentricity or runout issues.  If you poke around on my YouTube channel you'll see some of my runout gauge videos.

Anywhooo... enough about me.

How have things been going for you?

And the real $64,000 question...how have things been going for this forum?

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 07:35:40 AM »
Things are going well.  I spent 3 weeks in the Pacific this spring on a WWII tour of Pearl Harbor, Guam, Saipan, Tinian and Peleliu.  We also had a day on Iwo Jima for the 74th commemoration of the battle. 

I also was fortunate to pick up a place surrounded by national forest in Arkansas just north of Russellville.  We'll be moving there in a year or so after we build a house.  There's an old house out there but it's not very livable...it makes do as a camp and a staging area.   I've fixed about 1/3 of a mile of fence along the front to deter trespassers and to hold in a few cattle I need to buy.  Deer, bear (way too many bear), turkey, bobcatz and larger...a pretty nice place to be.  I'm especially looking forward to the first cool snap to go out and ambush some squirrels for a jambalaya.

The board is spinning about like I suspect many are.  Just a few of us around so we're not generating much to interest people but it's a nice place to stop by.  There were some server problems or upgrades that took it down a couple of times for a while which didn't help.  Good to see you check in though.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2019, 09:53:19 AM »
Wow, Rastus. 

Great trip and a move to near Paradise!!..

You could win the lottery, but that is only money. 
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 03:08:34 PM »
Hey Tyler, did you make the youtubey things?  I like the tunes on that first one.  Two Feet...Quick Musical Doodles...hmmm...not bad.

Solus the trip was super.  It was offered by the National WWII Museum.   I can't wait to make the move...I just visit over there for now.  National forest surrounds most of the property and what is not national forest is uninhabited and a ways off.  A cool thing is that out in the middle of nowhere (pick your route, 9 miles of dirt road from two ways from the north, 14 miles of dirt road from Hector or 12 miles of dirt road from Appleton) there is electricity, a landline and county water.  I added satellite internet and 4 TV cameras so I can keep an eye on things. 

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2020, 05:45:56 PM »
In light of recent events with the coronavirus, I am bumping my thread.

;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk