Author Topic: DILEMMA  (Read 1531 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
DILEMMA
« on: August 25, 2019, 01:27:07 PM »
As most of you have noticed and recognized, I post a lot of birthday greetings.  This is something that is important to me.  Recognizing events in others lives is more than courtesy, it is what helps build the relationships and bonds that form respectful and caring community.

I don't automatically start a thread for every birthday.  I look to see if the person is still active.  I don't have a hard fast rule, but I pick and choose with some thought.  Yesterday was a special day for Cookie62.  Steve and I communicate often in other formats, but he has dropped off DRTV.  These are the tough ones:  I don't want to forget, or let others forget, our old friends, but how do we keep our greetings special.

All of that said, if I note your special day, it is because I really do care.  If I miss your birthday, and you are active here, I am sorry, but I do miss things when life happens - It is not intentional or a slight.  If I miss someone gone from here that is special to you, you can post it or bring it up, and I will greet them where they are.

Thanks for listening.

Mike
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: DILEMMA
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 05:31:03 PM »
You are a good guy.  I wish you'd hang out here a bit more.

Regardless, I'd post the inactive/semi-active anyway...maybe it'll help bring some back.  What would really bring them back is some activity from Marshal or MB. 

Maybe this forum can port over to michaelbane.tv  ?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 07:02:01 PM »
You are a good guy.  I wish you'd hang out here a bit more.

Regardless, I'd post the inactive/semi-active anyway...maybe it'll help bring some back.  What would really bring them back is some activity from Marshal or MB. 

Maybe this forum can port over to michaelbane.tv  ?

I am here almost daily.  I enjoy this forum more than any other I have ever been a part of.  However, with the limited number of participants, I don't always come across items I can respond to.

Marshal was last active one month ago today (July 25, 2019), and Michael was last active October 3, 2017.  Don't count on them popping back in too much.

I believe this would help, but do you think Outdoor Channel would go for it?  After all, when they abandoned this playground, they did not put a jungle gym in the new place.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 07:39:41 AM »
I stop by on a daily basis looking for new posts or comments on old ones.  But, I have to admit the glow is gone.  When I joined up several years ago we were a vital and involved community.  Now, we seem to be a few old farts who don't make much noise.  Don't know what the solution is, but I hope we find one.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk