Author Topic: Story of my life  (Read 8560 times)

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
Re: Story of my life
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2019, 10:58:03 AM »
I have never quite heard it put like this.  Brilliant.

It is brilliant. And true. I found out that I could "sell" any project for my company, even though I hated the idea of sales.

But I was that good, and had the experience to back it up, so clients would come to me for help. I was in a Mom 'n Pop consulting company - literally! The Mom thought she was great in business but mostly just screwed things up. And the Dad never did figure out what my practice did or why we were so successful.

Anyhow, in the Chicago IT market, I was routinely beating the big consulting companies - including my former company - in securing business. At one point, my quality services practice was out-generating the revenue 2:1 over the TWO development groups.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2019, 02:42:48 PM »
So the misses suggested  we look into an airport commuity.

No way in hell!!!!  The hoa rules are straight up nazi.  It was not a one or 2 page list of stuff, it was 14 pages most of which i said no too.  There were obly 2 rules they had that i agreed with. 1 was leashed dogs on common areas( think road/ taxi ways) and the second was even more common sense... no child under 8 can operate a motored vechicle on common areas with out supeevision.   Everything else they could stick up thier pelosi.

When i buy land its mine, i can do what i want.   Too it. 

Oh yeah, they were more than happy too talk lot pricing in person, but would not send  me a price over the phone or thru email.

From the bottom of my heart, take a high colonic and go on a 10 mile hike, with full pack. ( do you know reference)
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2019, 05:59:00 PM »
What is an airport community?

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2019, 06:34:10 PM »
What is an airport community?

Basicly a private airport that has lots for sale around it and streets desigened to handle air craft ( short  signs, extra wide, lines paimted to taxing )

They are generally for the very wealthy.   I knew the asnwer before  i called, but i figured it would be a money thing, not a hoa from hell thing.

Think house on a golf corse.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2019, 05:54:39 AM »
Timothy, here's one:  https://www.google.com/maps/place/Holley+Mountain+Airpark/@35.6496933,-92.4059922,1817m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x87cdf57d81ed3f8f:0x60bf2c3fb29de4bd!2sClinton,+AR+72031!3b1!8m2!3d35.5914665!4d-92.4604361!3m4!1s0x87d2096b28ebbf4f:0x8c8b23fc1bf1b717!8m2!3d35.6487746!4d-92.408212

And it's covenants:  http://www.holleymountainairpark.com/documents/

I've flown in and out of this Holley Mountain airstrip outside of Clinton, AR (not named for Billy boy).  The airport in town was too small for a Lear jet so we used the private strip at Holley Mountain.  That link also goes to 2 houses and 3 lots for sale.  The lots run around 2-1/2 to 4 acres at $40k to $60k asking price...

I always figured I'd get to learn to fly when I got the family out of the house...but then old age set in and my eyes can't pass the exam to fly.  Regardless, above is an example of a private airpark development.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 03:58:15 AM »

Timothy

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2019, 07:34:54 AM »
No thanks...

They lost me at no piggies!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2019, 12:39:34 PM »
I am really not intrested in any air park.   If i was i would start my own.   It was just easier to make some calls then it was to explain why i was not intrested.

Flying, for me is just a means to get from point a to point b fast.   I grew up around planes for about 3 years my grandmother on my fathers side was the oldest living female pilot.  I have been in everything from a cub to a private jet.  Very few planes intrest me.   To me it really is a car in the sky. 

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2020, 12:13:49 AM »
The guy who designed the Berkut, Dave Ronneberg, is in business again selling a new Berkut ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) aircraft. There's a tandem two-seater that looks like the old Berkut, an autonomous and/or remotely piloted UAV, and an optionally piloted aircraft (piloted and/or autonomous). The radars and lidar are optional, so you can buy a regular Berkut airplane. And if you get hold of him, maybe you can buy a kit and finally build your own.

https://www.aerovehicles.net/product/berkutisr/

AEROVEHICLES - USA
Sales and Administration
Ph: 1-240-356-3014
Address: 319 San Remo Street
Palm Desert, California 92260
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk