Author Topic: Blk lbl bipods  (Read 4147 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Re: Blk lbl bipods
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2020, 06:29:48 AM »
<snip>
Me, i just want a small house... and a 40x60 shop. 
<snip>

I need to put one of those metal buildings in in Arkansas next year.  It needs to house a 45' RV in one end with a 14'-15' tall rollup door and a tractor at the other end...open with a shop.  I figure 45-50' x 70' or so metal building.  Any idea what the range of prices delivered the metal fab building people will charge?

Then of course I have the slab, power, water, seweretc.  I was actually thinking about bricking it up 5-8' on the sides.  Shop and storage not a barn storage house.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2020, 06:57:39 AM »
I need to put one of those metal buildings in in Arkansas next year.  It needs to house a 45' RV in one end with a 14'-15' tall rollup door and a tractor at the other end...open with a shop.  I figure 45-50' x 70' or so metal building.  Any idea what the range of prices delivered the metal fab building people will charge?

Then of course I have the slab, power, water, seweretc.  I was actually thinking about bricking it up 5-8' on the sides.  Shop and storage not a barn storage house.

Really depends on your options. And what wind load rating your local building code requires.  You can buy a 40x60 with a 8x14' door opening and a 1:12 pitch  starting at 20k.  You still have to buy the door which is about 4.5   installed.  The slab is  about 15k.  If you can use just piers and crushed stone as your floor you can save 10k
  Plumbing and electrical can be super cheap pr the sky is the limit.    Something that size with decent power, 2 good roll up doors,a c exposure( wind rating, d is better but a lot more, dont get a b)a toilet, and corner shower, insulated figure on 80k.  Thats just a ball park based on averages.

I am guessing it will cost me around 120k for what i want, but i also dont need a contractor to do the work( slab and drame i would sub out)  so figure another 30-50k on top of that to have it built.  If you want me to get you a closer number, you can pm me and we can talk about what your wants and needs are and i can give ypu some  ball park numbers. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 03:55:57 AM »
blklblbipod.com

I so want this, but not at $5-600

Inrange did a reivew on them

For that much i will need to get my hands on it to see if its worth it

:o My Colt AR15 cost me $5-600, $550+$22 tax IIRC, but that was a long time ago. With the integrated bipod this still might not weigh any more than the solid aluminum tube that's on my DPMS hodgepodge right now. It's just a long, fat cylinder with some knurling in the middle. And I have a cheap plastic bipod attached to a sling swivel mount on it. If I replaced the old free float tube and bipod with this, it would be a good time to upgrade to stiffer barrel than the A2 it has from the Colt. It would be a heavier rifle, but better.

I have a flat-top upper on the DPMS and the free-float tube partly covers what's left of the FSB, so there's no way to put a good set of BUIS on it. I thought about maybe doing something about that one of these days, but that's a project near the bottom of a yard-long list of things to do. I like the integrated bipod but wouldn't get enough use out of it to justify the cost.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk