Poll

What do you think of the Coronavirus outbreak in China?

A big deal for China.
0 (0%)
Not a big deal for China.
1 (7.1%)
Coming soon to a town you know.
2 (14.3%)
We won't have any problems in the US with it.
0 (0%)
Time to get prepared just in case.
2 (14.3%)
I am prepared for this Wuhan Chinese Flu.
6 (42.9%)
I am going to be ready if the US economy collapses in mid-April.
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 38623 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak
« Reply #180 on: May 21, 2020, 11:21:17 AM »
Strange times require creative solutions.

Seven days ago this afternoon, Thursday May 14th, my Mother-In-Law died.  We have been waiting as dementia has taken her over the past years.  Ninety-Five years, with most of the last decade in some sort of care facility.

How do you hold a memorable and fitting service for a person who not only volunteered in her church, but served as Church Secretary for 15 years during this crap?

Due to my history as a taxidermist, I pay attention to what funeral homes are doing.  I helped my wife's family switch from one funeral home to another that provided live streaming of the service.  We moved the service to graveside - Expanded committal/abbreviated full funeral.  I knew of some technology that was available through a friend, and asked the funeral director about it.  So, we also broadcast the service over low power FM - 1/4 - 1/2 mile range.  Those who couldn't make it could watch the service live on Facebook, and it will remain on there for future watching.  Those that came stayed in their vehicles at the cemetery and listened on 99.9 on their car radios.

Seven immediate family, a sound tech, two pastors, and two funeral directors under the tent, and about 50 people in their vehicles.  That is about what we would have had normally in a church - Outliving your family and friends, and when none of the immediate family lives in the community anymore, will do that to attendance.  A friend and former neighbor of ours invited us out to their farm for a meal, and we had a great time.

This COVID crap sucks, but we need to not give in to the hate, pessimism, fear or sorrow.  Grab your bootstraps and big boy pants, pull them up, and take on the challenge.
  jewish wake in about 2 months.

A jewish wake is where every one gets toegther and tells funny/ memorable stories about the person.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2020, 02:31:50 PM »
Are people up your way tired of this isolation thingey?

Around here It's dying out. Not that it was ever that big of a deal in the first place. A few are wearing masks, but not that many. Boat launch ramps are backed up 70+ boats deep on the weekends. Mostly coming from California, where they're sick and tired of being told what to do by the communists they elected. They did close our shotgun ranges, which sucked. They're opened now, but it's getting too hot anyway. So my trap guns are in the safe until next Fall. Hopefully this will all be over by then.

I haven't changed anything in my life over all this bull$h!t. I go where I need to, when I need to. It's all gotten too political to even follow. A bit like sitting through a bad comedy act. Liberals want everything locked down as long as possible, to make Trump look as bad as possible. It's not working. Trump 2020 flags are flying everywhere here.

tombogan03884

« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2020, 06:33:58 PM »
Yes, it's kind of a PITA .
I refuse to wear a mask, but I can't "Do as I always do", because I didn't do a whole lot before hand . :D
The only inconvenience I've run into is my usual hang out is closed, but they needed to remodel anyway.  :-\
I'm living "Free of Fear", but I haven't found away to piss off the libs doing it.   :'(

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2020, 08:06:53 PM »
<snip>
I'm living "Free of Fear", but I haven't found away to piss off the libs doing it.   :'(

You aren't trying hard enough!!

Maybe call this mess the Pelosi Pleurisy?  That should get their dander up!!!  And then laugh at them for being stupid enough to support someone like that....you know....that whole ridicule thingey.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2020, 08:24:11 PM »
Oh, I'm trying alright.   ;D
Here's a letter the newspaper DIDN'T print.

I have to laugh at you fools.
You think a rag over your face, or a dust mask that you take down to talk is going to protect you ? Ha. Most of you are to dumb to even do that.
You put them under your nose, take them off to talk, and all to often, throw them on the ground when you leave a store.
Did any of you ever see Chemical warfare troops, dealing with a virus ?
Didn’t you see medical personnel dealing with Ebola patients ?
They are in full Bio hazard suits because virus’s are just as contagious through absorption.
If there were a real pandemic most of you would already be dead.
Have a nice day .

Sponsor

« Reply #185 on: Today at 01:48:21 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #185 on: May 31, 2020, 03:24:45 PM »
You aren't trying hard enough!!

Maybe call this mess the Pelosi Pleurisy?

I like that....and will use it...... (and I ain't sending you any royalties either).  ;D  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #186 on: May 31, 2020, 05:03:40 PM »
Translate the numbers your being scammed with.
The population of the US is 330000,000
1% of that is 33 Million people
6 million cases world wide is still less than 1/6th of 1% of just the US population.
Approximately 2/3rds the population of NYC.
That isn't deaths, That is ALL REPORTED CASES.
It's all a scam

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #187 on: May 31, 2020, 06:37:33 PM »
6 million cases world wide is still less than 1/6th of 1% of just the US population.
It's all a scam

Yep.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #188 on: May 31, 2020, 07:03:34 PM »
It's all a scam

It is called "Spin Doctoring."  There are college classes in it.  They don't title the course with that name, but it is an education in manipulating the story while still using facts to make it appear different than it is.

An average year in the United States has a death rate of 0.8% - 2,640,000.  We are just over 100,000 in by this disease, and screaming that it is the end of the world.  Or at least they are.  I have been asked, from my experience and former career, what about a typical flu season.  Nobody knows how this compares to that.  Even Swine and Avian are unknown, because we didn't test for those like this.

Hype and spin, and because of more of what we are learning about outside actors and planted bricks, manipulation by Thought Control (media) and a Puppeteer (whoever is directing the mobs).

If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #189 on: June 01, 2020, 10:30:34 AM »
It is called "Spin Doctoring." There are college classes in it. They don't title the course with that name, but it is an education in manipulating the story while still using facts to make it appear different than it is.

They call it "Marketing" because when they started "propaganda techniques" were illegal in the US.
You wouldn't listen to me about Alinsky, but if you ingest "news" of any sort you need to read this book.

https://www.amazon.com/Commandments-Propaganda-Brian-Anse-Patrick-ebook/dp/B005TUDPHG/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=10+commandments+of+propaganda&qid=1591025340&sr=8-1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk