Poll

What do you think of the Coronavirus outbreak in China?

A big deal for China.
0 (0%)
Not a big deal for China.
1 (7.1%)
Coming soon to a town you know.
2 (14.3%)
We won't have any problems in the US with it.
0 (0%)
Time to get prepared just in case.
2 (14.3%)
I am prepared for this Wuhan Chinese Flu.
6 (42.9%)
I am going to be ready if the US economy collapses in mid-April.
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 38759 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2020, 08:01:32 AM »
COVID 19 is a crock of BS. The true numbers are not very different from normal flu .
Are you "men" capable of making your own decisions?
Or are you sheep, un able to survive with out instructions from CNN ?

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2020, 12:35:16 PM »
 I hope that we, and I mean US as in the United States, have learned at least one important lesson from this.  Make stuff in the US again.  I hope that our politicians can put their petty bickering aside long enough to realize that a plan needs to be developed and implemented to manufacture critical supplies and materials domestically.  America based manufacturing is critical.

So what is the end game for Corona Virus and Covid 19?  Its going to be with us for a long time.  Years?  Second wave?  (In my opinion, Yes!)  Continuing infections and fatalities.  When and how do we reengage?  What will the new normal be?  Will we ever get back to the old normal?  Us old geezers and old hags, being more vulnerable, as well as other vulnerable persons,  will likely have a different path forward than others.  I've been reading a series of articles by Amy Rogers, MD, PhD, a microbiologist, educator, journalist, writer, and speaker.  She has a series of articles (4 at this time) relating to the end game.  The information in articles make a lot of logical sense to me, and most likely not what we are hearing elsewhere.  I believe this is the path forward that will transpire.

Stay safe, stay strapped, stay courageous, stay strong.

Amy Rogers:
 https://www.amyrogers.com/amys-blog/

Links to some end game articles by Amy Rogers:

https://www.amyrogers.com/endgame/

https://www.amyrogers.com/social-distancing-wont-save-us/

https://www.amyrogers.com/endgame-3-herd-immunity/

https://www.amyrogers.com/endgame-4-guiding-principles/

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

tombogan03884

« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2020, 12:47:41 PM »
They haven't learned the lessons from previous epidemics, I don't see them learning any thing from this one other than they are a bunch of obedient little sheep.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2020, 01:52:59 PM »
Putting all of the government control, and the screaming for more obedience to government control, aside, I am most frustrated by the ignoring of the rolling shortages and the lack of preparation as advised by FEMA over the last decade.

For years people have made fun of "preppers."  As we see shortages of different needed items and staples, where is the ridicule of those that lived on the European model - Daily shopping for that day's needs.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2020, 02:01:15 PM »
The ignorant A holes act like this never happened before because they've been protected for a 100 years by the same healthcare system they expect to keep them alive for free.

Sponsor

« Reply #155 on: Today at 03:08:38 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #155 on: May 05, 2020, 02:29:02 PM »
The ignorant A holes act like this never happened before because they've been protected for a 100 years by the same healthcare system they expect to keep them alive for free.

My younger son calls folks like that helpless "titty-babies"......  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2020, 02:57:19 PM »
I keep reminding, attempting to remind, folks that we have been through the end of the world many times.  Our most well known include Small Pox (when we shot people, and burned their bodies in their homes with all of their possessions - I for going back to this approach), the Spanish Flu, Polio, Measles, Swine Flu, Avian Flu, HIV/AIDS, and MERSA.  Just to name a few from the last one and a half centuries.  In each of these cases it was the end of the world, and things will never be the same again.  Guess what - WE RECOVERED AND ADVANCED!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2020, 03:02:27 PM »
The majority of folks these days are not prepared for calamity of any type.

Like my great-grandpappy said, "I might die of the pox, but I ain't gonna starve."
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #158 on: May 05, 2020, 03:56:38 PM »
That's exactly my point. This isn't a "calamity".
It's just a thing.
And it used to be a regular, predictable "thing".
The reason Congress recesses in August is because that was Yellow Fever season.
We have all the laws we need . They have been in place since before there was an America.
But no one remembers them.
The item I'm most familiar with is the Cruise ships, where were the Quarantine areas every port used to have ?
For that matter, where were the Quarantine pennants the ships should be flying ?
You are wasting your time discussing the virus. You should be dragging liberals out and hanging them for treason and incompetence.
Truthfully I could almost overlook their treson, but the incompetence is simply unacceptable.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2020, 04:01:20 PM »
Tom,  Remember when this whole thing was hitting our shores, and they were quarantining passengers, both on the ships and off?  Remember the uproar about how dangerous, horrible, inhumane it was?  That is why we don't quarantine anymore.  Nobody cares enough!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk