Author Topic: Remington xp100  (Read 1887 times)

TAB

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Remington xp100
« on: February 26, 2020, 05:13:26 pm »
I dont know why, but for some reason i have a " need" for  one.

Any one own one? 

Anything too look for?   I know rem had a safety recall in the late 70s for thier bolt actions.  So if i find an ealier model i need to see if that has been done( does remington still do these for free if its not done?)
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Oust the execs at the NRA ! Join and vote to overthrow Today!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
Re: Remington xp100
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 06:33:20 am »
Yep.  Just get a good scope with a lot of eye relief.  I have an older one in 221 Fireball.  It's as accurate as can be. 

Are you getting one of the "old school" in 221 or one of the newer chamberings? 

Wikipedia has a pretty good write up on them. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 07:10:51 pm »
Not sure one that one yet. 

I was at the range and guy let me shoot his in 22-250.

I had the light bulb go on and thought this would make a great  pest destroyer, but more fun than a normal rifle.   Not to mention its size ment it could live in a kitchen drawer.  For easy access.   That is if i can ever find a place to buy.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 08:08:16 pm »
Tab, a guy on the Ruger forum has some for sale...
Go Here...
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=285417
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

TAB

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 12:45:14 am »
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/858557040

Seems reasonable.  Going to call rem in the morning to see if i can get the safety still  done for free

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:18:47 pm »

Rastus

• Oust the execs at the NRA ! Join and vote to overthrow Today!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 08:51:49 am »
Buy it now at $895 if it is what they say it is. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 06:54:43 pm »
For those wondering, remmington will do the recall on the safety for free still. 

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 105
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 10:52:55 am »
For those wondering, remmington will do the recall on the safety for free still.

This is typical of well run (our old favorite) companies.  I purchased a Ruger Single-Six three screw.  It had the safety upgrade done on it before I bought it.  I contacted Ruger about the upgrade and long term reliability.  They told me that if I sent it in they would go through it and assure it was up to standard.  Three weeks, ship to receive, and I had the gun back with a new upgrade installed and a complete work order and explanation of what they did.  Reader's Digest version of the paperwork was thank you for trusting Ruger, being a responsible owner, and since materials have improved over the decades, they installed all new materials to assure the longest and most reliable life of the firearm.

Dillon, MEC, RCBS, and Smith&Wesson are just a few others that I have had go far above and beyond what a consumer would expect in customer service.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 10:50:58 pm »
This is typical of well run (our old favorite) companies.  I purchased a Ruger Single-Six three screw.  It had the safety upgrade done on it before I bought it.  I contacted Ruger about the upgrade and long term reliability.  They told me that if I sent it in they would go through it and assure it was up to standard.  Three weeks, ship to receive, and I had the gun back with a new upgrade installed and a complete work order and explanation of what they did.  Reader's Digest version of the paperwork was thank you for trusting Ruger, being a responsible owner, and since materials have improved over the decades, they installed all new materials to assure the longest and most reliable life of the firearm.

Dillon, MEC, RCBS, and Smith&Wesson are just a few others that I have had go far above and beyond what a consumer would expect in customer service.

Just a fyi, ruger warrenty  services is the only gun company  that if they can not fix you gun, will destroy it, register it destroyed with the aft and pull one off the line and put your serial number on it.  That way the new gun can be mailed back too you.    That has to cost them a lot of money and head ache.

I ended up not winning the auction, placed my max bid and went out to dinner.  No big deal.  There are plenty more out there.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2020, 07:48:51 pm »
I shot IHMSA metallic silhouette in the early 80's (prior to learning about IPSC)... the hot bolt pistols in those days were the Wichita and XP... prior to being a factory produced pistol, pistol smiths would chamber a 7BR (bench rest... very short .308 case) to 7-08... 7mm on a .308 case...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk