Author Topic: Nut House!  (Read 3671 times)

Timothy

Nut House!
« on: March 16, 2020, 10:56:53 AM »
We sold our last 9mm pistol last night!  Three straight days of fricken crazy, fearful, silly people trying to guard their shit paper!

Ammo was gone on Friday...

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Nut House!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 11:35:17 AM »
What i hope is this stuff wakes up the people that think its easy to get a gun.  When they find out just how hard it is.   I hope it really wakes up those in places like ca.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 01:29:30 PM »
Yeah, I don't think there are gonna be a bunch of riots and roving gangs....

Again, how does having 6 months of TP and 2 weeks of food in the pantry work?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 02:23:56 PM »
If all services were cut off and i had to stay at home, the limiting factor is either water or gas for the generator.   Depending on the duration of service cuts outs.   The generator  is pretty thristy at ~1 gallon per 8 hours of light use and 1 gallon per 3 hours of heavy use.     I am more worried about having the misses being called into work for extended periods do to the number of sick people flooding into the er.( her hosptial does not really have one, but they do have plans should the need arise)

I am also super worried  about massive sewer back ups if people start fluahing alternatives  to tp.  Only becuase the idiots hording it will meam the people that need it cant get it.  Its already happening in london.  Granted thier sewer system is really bad, but if it happens in a major city in the us, the shit will really hit the fan.

Timothy

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 02:35:01 PM »
Anyone know if those Zerowater filter systems really work?

I?d love to buy a Big Berkey but don?t wanna spend that kind of cash. 

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:54:30 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 02:53:59 PM »
Anyone know if those Zerowater filter systems really work?

I?d love to buy a Big Berkey but don?t wanna spend that kind of cash.
  all they are is a carbon block and some ion exchange resins. It will do nothing about pathogens.  You either need to boil  it for 10 mins( what the cdc recommends) or chemically  threat it.   

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 03:56:50 PM »
I?m on municipal well water in a rural town 40 miles west of Boston.  The water is potable but the wife has a sensitive system, chlorine and stuff is a problem.

Water, TP, now the dipshits are making a run on food out here.

We?re prepared but looking for options...

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 04:09:25 PM »
I?m on municipal well water in a rural town 40 miles west of Boston.  The water is potable but the wife has a sensitive system, chlorine and stuff is a problem.

Water, TP, now the dipshits are making a run on food out here.

We?re prepared but looking for options...

Have you got the water report from you water compamy?  Its normally on thier website.  If chlorine/chloramine is your only issue a carbon block will be all you need.  If you want to remove diffrent  ions( read that as salts)   there are other options  depending on your need.   Getting a all in one is not a good idea as different  uae rates will mean you are throwing  money away.

Decades of me being in the aquarium hobby and working as a contractor i have leanred alot about water.   If you get your water analysis  from your water company here  we can go over options as i am sure many others would be intrested.

Timothy

Nut House!
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 04:31:37 PM »
I?ll see what I can find.  I do know they treat with UV with a chlorine back up.  Chlorine is also common in the summer months.

https://www.sterling-ma.gov/sites/sterlingma/files/uploads/2018_ccr.pdf

Timothy

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2020, 09:50:38 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk