Author Topic: Birthday gift ideas  (Read 8724 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
Re: Birthday gift ideas
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2020, 02:08:53 PM »
Her idea of a dream vacation  is to stay at home , sleep in and get breakfest  in bed.   Not exactly exciting.

I was referring to the South Pacific idea you had.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1087
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2020, 09:34:31 PM »
You want to get her the perfect gift? Noise cancelling headphones! The benefits are twofold. First of all, you can make all the noise you want, and so can your neighbors if you have any. Secondly, she can honestly say she wasn't ignoring you, she just didn't hear you. She'll love you even more than she does already.

It's not easy having a spouse at home all the time. When my friend retires, his wife is going to spend all summer at their cabin up north and he'll be home most of the time. Then she'll make him spend all winter at the cabin while she's at home. Maybe he and the boys will get more snowmobiling in when he doesn't have to drive for hours to get far enough north to find snow to ride in.

BTW, it was 59 degrees here the day after Christmas. So close to being in the 60s in the middle of winter in Michigan. There was an old joke that went like this;

What do you call summer in Michigan?
Three months of bad snowmobiling.

The truth is more like this. Winter is 3 months of bad snowmobiling unless you're willing to drive to where the snow is, and sometimes it's 5 hours or more each way. The rest of the year is no snowmobiling unless you count grass drags, water drags, etc., and I don't know anyone who does that.

If the meme below pisses anyone off, they should ask themselves why. It's just a silly meme, right?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2020, 10:53:58 AM »
TAB,

I saw this on Red's page

https://www.misibarc.com/wf142
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2020, 03:44:40 PM »
TAB,

I saw this on Red's page

https://www.misibarc.com/wf142

That's pretty cool. And when it says NOT DISHWASHER SAFE they really mean it. I have a coffee cup with Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock and Dr. McCoy on the transporter pads. When it was new and I poured hot coffee in they beamed up and disappeared, but now they're mostly gone all the time. I ran it through the dishwasher and it never worked since. The only part of mine that changed was line drawings on a white cup. I never saw one where the whole cup changed. Amazing.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2020, 04:36:52 PM »
Give her your heart, in 10 ounce solid chocolate form, white, milk, or dark chocolate, unless she's one of the millions of unfortunate souls with a chocolate allergy. I haven't met a woman yet who doesn't like chocolate, especially during that time of the month. That's why I prescribe the chocolate PMS pill. A little shot of chocolate always makes things better.

https://chocolatevault.com/product-category/medical-dental/

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:53:36 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2020, 08:01:38 AM »
So Tab, where in the South Pacific were you headed before all of this virus thingey took over?  I was just wondering since I took that WWII history trip last year. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2020, 01:21:46 PM »
I was looking at a few islands in french polynesia.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

LawsonLarge

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2021, 07:38:41 AM »
Choosing gifts for your loved one has always been a challenge. In the future, ask her what she would like. If she does not receive what she wanted, at least something close, she did not communicate her thoughts correctly. What works for me?  My girlfriend likes almost everything; I don't spoil her with expensive gifts. The last time I gave her a big box of pick and mix sweeties. She was even surprised by the idea of the gift and after that of that box itself. She adores sweet stuff, and I know it. Why not give her more.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2021, 07:52:47 AM »
Somewhat like the bot you are.....

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2021, 08:55:11 AM »
Choosing gifts for your loved one has always been a challenge. In the future, ask her what she would like. If she does not receive what she wanted, at least something close, it means that she did not communicate her thoughts correctly

"Oh, you hate the present ?
Well maybe you should not suck at describing things."

Yeah, Let me know how that works for you.    ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk