Author Topic: TSA Issues  (Read 2821 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: TSA Issues
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2020, 02:07:53 PM »
I haven't air traveled with firearms since before Sept.11, but on a tip from Rob Leatham, I repurposed a Sears metal tool box to my traveling firearm container, locked with a brass keyed lock... in those days where your luggage might spend an hour on the circular conveyor... I don't remember an " unloaded firearms" ticket visible

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2020, 02:29:15 PM »
I haven't air traveled with firearms since before Sept.11, but on a tip from Rob Leatham, I repurposed a Sears metal tool box to my traveling firearm container, locked with a brass keyed lock... in those days where your luggage might spend an hour on the circular conveyor... I don't remember an " unloaded firearms" ticket visible

Now that red tag is just put inside your bag, so when it gets inspected they see the tag and know the firearm in the box is ok.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2020, 09:59:32 PM »
Mike, I believe that was the policy back then... after those couple of trips to Area 6 matches in North Carolina, I found it more convenient to ride with someone

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2020, 04:52:14 AM »
Mike, I believe that was the policy back then... after those couple of trips to Area 6 matches in North Carolina, I found it more convenient to ride with someone

That is one of the issues with flying with guns and ammo.  The rules change.  TSA is fairly stable, and they publish their changes - Like where they put the tags, where the bags are picked up, etc.  The bigger issue is the local airports and airlines that are allowed to modify the TSA rules, as long as they go stricter.  You never know what their rules will be, or the way one will be interpreted by whoever is in charge that day.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2020, 06:28:24 PM »
That last sentence says it all.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:09:33 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk