Author Topic: Ruger EC9s  (Read 5482 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Ruger EC9s
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2020, 01:07:15 PM »
Mint Green, Aqua, Highland Green, Gray, Black ...

Damn!  We're starting to sound like a fashion guru discussing accessory colors to go with your new pumps  :'(

Not sure why you object to getting fancy accessories for your new shotguns???   :) :) :)
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2020, 03:57:01 PM »
Not sure why you object to getting fancy accessories for your new shotguns???   :) :) :)

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2020, 12:01:45 AM »
I've noticed an increase in less traditional color pistols like Muddy Girl Camo, purple, pink and turquoise the last few years, and some ARs too. If it means more new gun owners I'm all for it, and women gun owners have been on the rise for several years. The manufacturers are giving them something pretty since that seems so important.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Ranger Dave

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2020, 05:08:20 PM »
My second granddaughter just bought one at the local farm store. $285.00 out the door with a box of fmj  ammo. Took her down to the range and had her run 50 rounds thru it, cleaned up and sent her home with self defense ammo.

Told her to get 150-200 rounds and come back with husband for a more in depth class.

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2020, 05:22:41 PM »
Mint Green, Aqua, Highland Green, Gray, Black ...

Damn!  We're starting to sound like a fashion guru discussing accessory colors to go with your new pumps  :'(

Well, now he needs to find a holster to match that darned pastel   :(
 This is a very important consideration.
The Gun mags tell me so   ;D
And Biden told me that ain't black.   ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:21:53 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2020, 06:45:24 AM »
I have the LC9 and I'm wondering if I have the differences right. 

The LC9 has adjustable sights whereas the EC9 does not.  That isn't going to really matter for the purpose of the gun other than to give someone with OCD a warm and fuzzy feeling to move the sight over "a half inch at 3'" big deal.

Next I see that the LC9 has a nickel finished slide and the EC9 does not.  The nickel is nice unless it begins to flake off...I doubt that is going to be a problem for the most part but it would be a significant issue on reliability if there was a failure with the nickel.

So other than color...what's the difference besides what I mentioned above?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2020, 04:59:11 PM »
The book that came in the EC9s box is for both pistols....says so right on the front.  ;D

The wife's looks like satin nickel, but is listed as Aluminum Cerakiote. I'm kinda glad of that. I can handle a Cerakote finish wearing off because I don't think it would have the issues that a nickel finish would it it flaked....but I don't know....I've never had a Cerakoted pistol.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2020, 05:59:43 PM »
You'd sh!t if you knew the tolerances on most guns   ::)
Remember, John Browning didn't use micrometers and .000.
He worked in fractions.    ;D

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2020, 10:52:53 AM »
You'd sh!t if you knew the tolerances on most guns   ::)
Remember, John Browning didn't use micrometers and .000.
He worked in fractions.    ;D

On another forum I referred to is as SLOP and several readers went postal.  Nothing is built perfect (not even Glock).   Some people have trouble believing that tight tolerances can be the opposite of reliability.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2020, 11:38:00 AM »
 ;D ROFL  ;D
The AR has tightER  tolerances than an AK but needs dust cover and sealing to be reliable.
The AK on the other hand goes with "Good enough" tolerances with that big gap for the charging handle, (That some think a great addition to AR's ) and let the crap and crud just fall through the gaps.
Reminds me of 2 other things  ;D
1 - WW II arms workmanship, England and Germany both, produced fine quality guns until they were under pressure when they turned out crap like Sten's, and "VolksGewher".  Now look at the Russo/ Soviet Arms. They were not that skilled to begin with, but their quality never got any worse even when the front line was the other end of the building. If anything, it improved, which I find totally hilarious.

2 I forgot what I was originally going to type .
Good opportunity to point out that INTENTION is an important part of gun design.
The best example I can think of is the M-14/M1A.
You all think it's a wonderful semi Auto rifle for target shooting.
But to the guy's who designed it it's an abject failure.
It sucked so bad it is 1 of the 2 shortest serving Army rifles ( Keep those damned Lee's out of it  ;D )
So what's the difference ?
The M - 14 was intended to be the US equivalent of the German STG and Soviet AK designs, but the M 14 is uncontrollable in full auto, all 7.62 have the same problem 7.62 NATO is to much cartridge for a practical size individual weapon.
There was a REASON the BAR weighed up to 24 Lbs, depending on model.
But you don't have full auto, You don't give a hoot about burst control, and mostly you're just carrying it from the car to the shooting bench, so you don't even consider those aspects .
And it IS a pisser of a target rifle   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk