Author Topic: AR possibilities  (Read 12185 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Re: AR possibilities
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2020, 10:10:59 AM »
I mostly agree, and I would like a short carbine much mo' betta than an AR pistol. I think all of the SBR and SBS laws should be struck from the books. All of the 10-12ish" Auto & Burglar shot pistols, 12" and 15" Marble Game Getters, 12, 14 and 15" Winchester trapper models (Special Short Carbines if you want to get technical about it), H & R Handy Guns, etc. were outlawed for no good reason. I read that the 18" Marble Game Getter was re-legalized 5 years later, even though it was too short to be a shotgun or a rifle. None of these guns were "the preferred weapon of criminals" as the antis like to say, any more than SBRs are today. But the ATF says wallet holsters are AOWs too, so don't expect them to relax their interpretation of the law. The law has to change beyond their interpretation of it.

Too bad I can't buy a newly manufactured 12" Game Getter. Wikipedia says, A third production model is currently produced by Marble Arms. It is similar in appearance to the Model 1908 and features a .22 LR rifle barrel over a .410-bore shotgun barrel. The only barrel length offered is 18½". But I can't find it anywhere. Me and Teddy Roosevelt used to have solid brass Marble compasses. :) I didn't know how popular their equipment was outside of Michigan, with the U.S. Army, British army, etc. After 40+ years I still have my match safe and it will definitely outlast me. I bought one of their slot fillers for my 10/22 from Brownells when I took the rear sight off. They still make sights, lots of tang sights, a full buckhorn, and even a tritium bead for shotguns. The last one's new to me. I'll have to look some more to see what else I didn't know about besides that and the 28 patents they had. I thought they quit making knives but they're on a separate site. And I see over 200 models at SMKW, including a version of the #3 safety axe.

http://www.marblearms.com/about.html    https://marblesknives.com/    https://www.smkw.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=1&product_list_limit=60&q=marbles
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2020, 10:35:33 AM »
Check out the reproduction V-42 stiletto. A good dagger and an AR carbine could get you out of some bad situations. Maybe keep you out out some too. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to carry a double edge knife of any length in Michigan. I might accidentally hurt someone. It's considered a concealed weapon and there is no concealed weapons permit to possibly get, just a pistol permit. If I could, a lot of the time I'd carry a dagger, dirk, hunting knife, or a regular knife that other people EDC. The township next door has a law banning blades longer than 3" and there are times I could use something bigger than a jackknife. A 4-5" blade would be really handy but I'd carry one of my big knives too if I could.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2020, 10:58:08 AM »
I'm replying as I read,
There was a very GOOD reason for NFA limiting all fire arms to 18 inch barrels.
They intended to outlaw pistols by not mentioning them then requiring the $200 dollar tax on them.
It's why I'm so fed up with these blowhards gassing about "their rights".
If they really had any balls the lynching's and shooting would have started 70 years ago when the communist mot#$rfu&@ers made their first move.

I carry a 4inch Cold Steel Ti Lite.
It's an assisted opening stilleto blade , perfect for breaking down boxes and punching vent holes in coffee lids. 
Man has to have his priorities.    ;D
NH doesn't restrict knives at all, Pen knife or Claymore, it's all the same   ;D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2020, 04:03:35 PM »
They didn't have a good reason to outlaw pistols either, but the anti-gun bureaucrats will outlaw whatever they can get away with. I've seen TiLites that weren't assisted opening and almost bought one several years ago. The titanium versions were priced kind of high but when they came out with some kind of plastic fantastic handles for a lower price I was tempted again. The weird thing about our knife laws is I can legally carry an automatic knife, with a single edge blade half the length of a dollar bill, but I never heard anything about whether assisted opening knives are legal or not. I read what I could find about it in the state laws about it, which was nothing at all. No mention of assisted opening before or after they finally decided switchblades are just knives and don't need to be banned anymore. With my luck, if I bought an assisted opening knife it would be illegal. The laws never made sense before and I don't expect them to start now.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2020, 10:10:19 PM »
just re-barreled a spare PSA 9mm lower with a 7 1/2" 9mm upper for my next evolution of a PDW for the car... currently a 10.5 fixed sight tower/carry handle rear sight 5.56...but just an 8 1/2" KAK tube with rubber end cap, no blade or brace... I'd like to greatly reduce the muzzle blast...the 9mm will have the same tube... will look at the Ruger 9mm PC Charger if they ever come back in stock locally.. they have a 1913 rail on the rear for a folding brace, but internal recoil springs so can be shot with stock folded, as well as the PSA AK-V 9mm

I may have the ultimate least expensive answer with the Recover Tactical 20/20 brace that is on the way... will let you know... Les

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:49:19 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2020, 06:57:07 AM »
I'm awaiting delivery of a TNW Aero Survival pistol from Bud's.
I went with 10 mm because people aren't the only things that need shooting.
I don't believe 9mm, or 45 are enough for dumpster bears and the like.
I was thinking modern version of the model 92 Trapper .
Considering that I also carry a compact Witness in 10 mm I don't expect noise and blast to be much from a double length barrel.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2020, 11:44:06 PM »
I was grocery shopping in the suburbs for some things I couldn't get at the store down the road Sunday. Suddenly the pedal went right down to the floor when I hit the brakes, and I left all my brake fluid ~11 miles from home. I'll take my truck to the dealer next week to get it fixed, and I'm not getting that Deadfoot Arms side-folder until I get the bill for it. I need to re-figure my budget and see if I still have the money for it. I think I will.

What barrel length on the Aero 10mm Tom? I'm sure the extra length will give your ammo a boost even if it's just a few inches longer.

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2020, 07:39:47 AM »
Over all it's about 24 inches, the barrel is only 8 1/2 of it.
It actually is just about right , it's just long enough that I don't worry about muzzling my support hand.
If I assemble a 9mm I will use strictly AR components though, this is definitely a civilian design with JC clips and small pins.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2020, 09:55:38 AM »
anecdote... a good friend and USPSA tech-junkie built a blow back 9x25 (10mm necked to 9mm) early on in the PCC evolution... he was shooting a 106 grain bullet at over 2200fps out of the MecTech conversion.. the cartridges would go in the magazine as a bottle neck, and come out of the ejection port as straight wall

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2020, 11:13:13 PM »
It sounds like he needed to hollow out the bolt and fit it with a piece of tungsten to give it more mass. Either that or see if Home Depot had some stronger springs.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk