Author Topic: NICS  (Read 2993 times)

tombogan03884

NICS
« on: May 14, 2020, 12:38:10 PM »
Just walked up to the LGS to do paperwork my new toy.
Couldn't bring it home, NICS is backed up 24 -36 hours.   :-\

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: NICS
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 12:48:24 PM »
That's one thing I do like about Georgia's weapons license. It stands in place of the NICS check.

**If GA ever went Constitutional carry and the option to retain the license were there, I'd keep it renewed if it still functioned in that capacity.
I know this should all be moot in the grand Constitutional realm. The 2A should be all there is, but for now this is the speed bumps to be navigated over.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 12:54:08 PM »
With the FOID in Illinois, we shouldn't have to deal with NICS.  We have already been checked and cleared, and the card is tied to the system that flags NICS.  If you go the next step for the Concealed Carry License, it is even more secure, because it requires the same questions, plus finger printing.  Both cards require photos that are suitable for, and have been run through, facial recognition.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 01:08:07 PM »
I have never been run through NICS.   All my transfers have been in GA.    Almost did one in FL, but Hillsborough County had a 3 day waiting period and I told the dealer no thanks. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 01:40:36 PM »
That's one thing I do like about Georgia's weapons license. It stands in place of the NICS check.

Same here in Kansas.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:32:26 PM »

BAC

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 01:42:14 PM »
I bought a little something a couple weeks ago and NICS only took 15 minutes or so. I wonder what changed?

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 01:51:10 PM »
Pegleg, NH is Constitutional carry, but I renewed my permit anyway in case I want to carry outside the state.
Still have to go through NICS though, which sucks.

BAC, I have NEVER gotten out that quick   ;D
Maybe end of the month you caught a slow spell ?

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 02:11:25 PM »
I bought a little something a couple weeks ago and NICS only took 15 minutes or so. I wonder what changed?

It depends on your regional office.  On the same day you will hear people talking long delays while someone in another part of the country walks in and out.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 03:10:45 PM »
MA we have to do NICS and the MA state registry as well.  Working they system on a busy day, with a stodgy internet connection can sometimes take better than an hour to complete a transaction.  Better than waiting three days to take home your firearm but it do suck...

We sold 160 guns on Black Friday but the state and the Fed gear up for that...it took our whole team to set that record for our store.

BAC

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 03:36:23 PM »
It depends on your regional office.  On the same day you will hear people talking long delays while someone in another part of the country walks in and out.

In PA 15 minutes IS a long delay. Of course all NICS checks are done by the state police and their “not a registry, we promise” system.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk