Author Topic: Recover Tactical brace for a Glock  (Read 3127 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Recover Tactical brace for a Glock
« on: May 15, 2020, 02:39:41 PM »
in my quest for a PDW sized firearm for the truck, whose concussion will not make you senseless, I ordered one of the Recover Tactical braces for a Glock... just got back from the range, while only at 25yd shot very good groups.... I need to order a set of taller sights, as I must really force my cheek down on the brace to get the rear sight height correct... I think this will be a winner... very lightweight... attaches to a reliable locked breech pistol (of which I happen to have a couple of spares)... can be fired in a traditional manner with the brace folded...it comes with two styles of cocking devices, currently the tall one is on... makes it very easy to charge the pistol... regards Les

edit...I pre- ordered the base model without the front grip/ light and side 1913 rails... without any discount was $123... took a month to be delivered... there is no compliance letter from BATFE
https://www.recovertactical.com/product/recover-tactical-20-20-stabilizer-kit-for-glock-also-umarex-cybergun/

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: Recover Tactical brace for a Glock
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 06:04:24 PM »
I had to look it up, Les.  :D

Having just watched For A Few Dollars More last night and Col. Mortimer had that shoulder stock that attached to his pistol....and then this shows up as an interesting new twist on an old concept.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 06:49:13 PM »
Here ya go Peg,
This particular one has a long barrel but right up till the High Power most, if not all, pistols could be had with a shoulder stock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAIy0n2ub4Y

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 05:01:41 PM »
Yep. Not a new concept at all.

The character named Lamarr had a C96 "Broomhandle" Mauser with a shoulder stock.

The new spin on it at the link Les posted might be the ticket.... I can see it with a 10mm long-slide and you'd be creeping up on the PCC territory but with better concealment options.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 06:14:07 PM »
The video reminded me of something else I had run across a while back .
I love my Cz's, but not that much.

https://www.israeldefensestore.com/tactical/roni/cz.html

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:45:27 PM »

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 02:48:27 PM »
just installed the Dawson Precision co-witness sights for the G34 with the brace... the added height makes a good cheek weld.... I think I'm getting close to what I've been looking for... not sure of the weapon light, currently a ProTac 1 in a Viking Tactics offset mount... trying to keep this thing as light weight as possible... range trip maybe this weekend

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 06:55:11 PM »
I understand this doesn't apply to Les Snyder's project, but, if you're interested in stocked pistols most of the pre 1935 ones, High Powers, Luger, Mauser, are all exempted under NFA. no tax stamp because their value derives from their age . 14 and 15 inch barrel Winchester Trappers as well.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1436
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 08:35:12 AM »
I have a Glock 22. The only Glock I own. I went ahead and put in in a Micro Conversion Kit as below. It is now a LOT of fun to shoot and the MCK fits most of the double stack Glocks.

https://mcsgearup.com/new-mck-2-0-raith-combo-micro-conversion-kit-gen-2/?gclid=CjwKCAjw_LL2BRAkEiwAv2Y3Sb2FK5-aB5iQRPFn-GJoOI9t-dhNosRxf-61w4UQLzkvnhPhtOSUQhoCbT4QAvD_BwE

The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2020, 04:00:54 PM »
. with all this ANTIFA AGIT-PROP crap going on, thought it was time to ratchet up my PPE.. switched back to IWB and cover up instead of pocket carry. and replaced the G34 in the Recover Tactical brace to a G17 that has a Vortex Venom on it... changed over the co-witness sights and sighted it in at the range.... ordered a second brace for the G17 with the RMR... I really like these things... I plan on trying a 45 degree offset mount off the 1913 rail to forward mount a miniature dot or preferably a prism for roll over use...that way the less expensive Vortex won't have to deal with slide recoil

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2020, 05:10:13 AM »
While I was looking for some pictures I saved I found these other pics of an NFA Micro RONI with a stock instead of a brace...
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk