Author Topic: TNW Aero Survival pistol  (Read 2533 times)

tombogan03884

TNW Aero Survival pistol
« on: May 15, 2020, 04:43:19 PM »
Got it today    ;D

tombogan03884

Re: TNW Aero Survival pistol
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 04:49:05 PM »
Picture sucks, I know, took it with my web cam   ;D
Came with cardboard box, and 1 20 rd mag.
Takes standard Glock mags. It is NOT an AR design, it just looks similar.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 05:56:06 PM »
Nice. Looks like a perfect size for stealth carry.

I can carry my AR in a backpack, but it is heavy and I need to make a better liner to keep it in place. That one looks like it would fit perfectly in my pack and be lighter.

I wish I'd kept my Kel-Tec Sub2000.... it folded in half and fit in a laptop bag.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 06:57:51 PM »
It's a DENSE little bugger .
And the only way to shorten it is to take the barrel off, it threads kind of like an Uzi, or M-3 Grease Gun.
The 2 pins only release the trigger pac.
The brace is just a rubber sleeve that slides over the buffer tube.
Is it legal to stuff that with paper to adjust Length of pull ?
I don't know when I'll get to shoot it, the local range is indoors, so it's been closed.

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 07:01:55 PM »
I bought this because the only 2 I found in 10 mm were this or CMMG which was double the price.
If I were going to do a standard caliber, which I might later , I would go with standard AR pistol, just for the simplicity and interchangeability of parts.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:45:44 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 08:24:10 AM »
I can carry my AR in a backpack, but it is heavy

My AR's not that heavy, as it is the 80 rounds of ammo(5.56) that weighs me down.  Mine's in a yoga mat back right now with a Sono tube for a stiffener.

Originally built as a pistol, then as a rifle.  I may go back to a pistol, but am tempted to move to a 9mm.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 09:49:04 AM »
Alf... if you really want to cut the weight, you might look at the Recover Brace I commented on... with a set of slightly taller sights, it is going to replace both a 10.5 (5.56) and 7.5 (9mm) I have for a truck gun currently...

I got the basic model without the front grip and 1913 rails...I want to go with a fixed sight gun, though a set of micro dots would be my choice if it were just a range toy.

https://www.recovertactical.com/product/recover-tactical-20-20-stabilizer-kit-for-glock-also-umarex-cybergun/

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 10:17:29 AM »
Be REAL careful switching back and forth, this all depends on whims of ATF and my understanding is "Once a rifle Always a rifle".
In one of his Q&A's Ian, at Forgotten weapons pointed out that if you register it as an SBR you can do what ever you want.
I was at Thompson Center when they went to SCOTUS over Contender Carbines.
My understanding then was that if it was originally bought as a pistol it could be converted up to carbine, but not the other way.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 03:43:18 PM »
Be REAL careful switching back and forth, this all depends on whims of ATF and my understanding is "Once a rifle Always a rifle"

That quotes a little off. It's "originally a rifle, always a rifle."

All my lowers were purchased as "other" and assembled as pistols first.  Photographed as evidence.  Taken to the range and fired as such.  Usually also posted about.  Then as a pistol I can convert to a rifle and back as desired.   
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 04:01:59 PM »
When I originally decided to get this I figured I'd just buy a dedicated pistol lower and leave that way to just avoid the details.   ;D
I still might assemble a 9MM, I've got enough pistols in that caliber to make it practical.   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk