Author Topic: TNW Aero Survival pistol  (Read 2555 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: TNW Aero Survival pistol
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2020, 04:40:01 PM »
My AR's not that heavy, as it is the 80 rounds of ammo(5.56) that weighs me down.  Mine's in a yoga mat back right now with a Sono tube for a stiffener.

Only 80?  ;D

Yeah, the ammo definitely adds a good bit to the total weight. I carry four 20 rd Magpuls and two 30 rds and a couple spare boxes in the little side pockets..
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2020, 06:20:43 PM »
I'm fuming.
After 2 days search I found my proper laser bore sight so I can get things roughly lined up.
Frigging battery dead in the sight.    ::)
There's no magnification involved, why not just use the old Weaver quick point idea of a tube with a wire running through for the dot ?

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2020, 09:43:31 AM »
Tom... if you go with a 1x prism sight with the reticle etched on the prism, you still have a black reticle even if the battery in the scope goes dead... I have a Vortex Spitfire that I tried for my PCC... I don't like the layout of the reticle, but it is always available

if you decide to build a 9mm, give a shout... I've put together 2...a  New Frontier Armory and a Palmetto State Armory with a billet lower made for them by NFA... a friend built one for his grandson with a PSA forged lower... all Glock magazine format... the NFA was originally a straight blow back, and now has a CMMG radial delayed bolt and barrel (there was a lot of R&D for me on that one to get the magazines straightened out and later an extraction problem at about 1200 rounds) and uses a hydraulic buffer and 142 power factor loads for competition... the blow backs are pretty straight forward (you might start with about a 6oz buffer and stock AR spring...... my PSA currently has a 7.5" barrel as it was a  contender for the truck gun, but is considerably heavier than the G17w Recover Tactical brace...if you want to use a 5.56 lower, an adapter from MEAN ARMS converts a PMag to 9mm and works the bolt hold open... I use the longer 40 round stick mags for competition, and don't need a bolt hold open... I broke a bolt hold open with a mag well adapter for my SBR that used Colt mags.... regards Les

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2020, 10:14:04 AM »
That information is exactly what I couldn't find when I first thought about the AR pistol .  ;D
Thank you.
A bit off topic, but I just saw the video about the Banshee, radial delay.
It's cool you never know where clever little tweaks will show up.    ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk