Author Topic: How Is Your Practice Time Holding Up?  (Read 1318 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
How Is Your Practice Time Holding Up?
« on: May 17, 2020, 08:09:24 AM »
Today I am really missing the country!

I used indoor ranges for league shooting, and I would incorporate a little shooting of my carry guns during these times.  I would use the outdoor range to spend time with others while practicing.  However, I could step out onto our yard and shoot anytime I pleased.  This is not possible when you live in town.  Especially a suburb of Chicago!

To top it off, Gov. Pritzker did allow guns shops to stay open during the Shelter In Place, deemed essential, but he shut down all ranges - Indoor and out.

The last time I fired a gun was the end of February.  We took a short trip to Florida the first week of March, when we got home we had a little over a week, and then we were shut down.

I continue to carry, same as ever.

I have been cleaning clean guns for over a month.

I started doing lengthy dry fire drills about a month ago.

Last week I dug out my two air soft style guns - a 2011 clone with a c-more, and a 1911 clone with iron sights.  I am able to do some more realistic drills with these in the basement, but it just isn't the same.

I am also shopping for a new pellet gun.  I had decided on a cheap Crosman 1077, and then I came across a Ruger 10/22 clone.  Problem is that the only place either is in stock will not ship to me.  This is mainly a Chicago issue.  They do not allow air style firearms that have a velocity over 700fps.  These guns are both below 600 fps, and we don't live in Chicago or Cook County, but the Libs have retailers afraid to serve us, and they treat all or most of Illinois equally.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: How Is Your Practice Time Holding Up?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 08:25:55 AM »
My outdoor club has remained open for members and their families only.  I've gone up there one day a week with #2 son every week except the week after the heart cath.  Missed this week week cause Miss Kitty had a hip replacement.  I miss the competitions which were 5 indoor and 1 outdoor each month.

Our indoor ranges pretty much remained open, but only using every other lane, Max of 10.  Only one person per lane. 

One indoor league has restarted using the following rules.

2 bays with an RO and scorer per bay.
3 shooters per bay.
Every 30 minutes, run the three shooters through two stages then swap bays.
Five 30 minute time slots.  So 30 people max including ROs and scorers.
First time slot, shooters come early and do set up. Shoot for free.
Last time slot is for ROs And scorers

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 10:08:27 AM »
Our local range closed.
 I guess when Mass got locked down he'd have no business.
WTF did he think they would flee too ?    >:(

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 11:41:32 AM »
I live on a "range" and don't have time to shoot right now.  Too many ongoing projects....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk