Author Topic: Taylor's & Co. Firearms  (Read 1003 times)

Dirty Bob

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Usual Suspect
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
Taylor's & Co. Firearms
« on: May 18, 2020, 01:48:47 PM »
Hi, Ya'll!

I wanted to order a cap-n-ball revolver from Taylor's, as they have a reputation for looking them over before sending them out. They're sold out on everything.  :-[

I put my name on the wait list for the item. That's not so bad, if the delay isn't crazy. Anyone know if Taylor's and other distributors are receiving shipments from Italy on a regular basis (specifically, from the folks that make Pietta revolvers)?

If shipments aren't coming, I'll scramble and buy something else and take my chances. I really want to do some black powder shooting this summer!

Thanks in advance,
Dirty Bob
-------------
Maker, tinkerer, general nerd

"Can't stop the signal, Mal." - Serenity (2005)

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
Re: Taylor's & Co. Firearms
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 02:23:25 PM »

Taylor's, Cimarron, EMF... all importers of firearms made in Italy are dealing with the same challenges.

All Italian factories closed in January and have just opened back up. On top of that, there are some challenges in terms of shipping as well until things go back to normal and whatever normal will be.

Shipments are coming in but I wouldn't call it regular just yet.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 02:43:49 PM »
Even domestic shipping is CFed.
Second day air seems to be running at about a week.
I can only imagine how messed up importers are.

Dirty Bob

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Usual Suspect
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 03:02:45 PM »
Thank you, guys!

I think I'll make a few phone calls and see what's what...

Edited to add: I just got off the phone with Dixie Gun Works. They have the revolver in kit form, which really isn't a bad thing for me, as I plan to change the front sight, install a Kirst cylinder, reprofile the back strap to more of a Navy/SAA shape, and a few other things. These days, a bird in the hand is definitely worth more than one that might be on its way on a slow boat from the Old Country sometime in the future.

I went with the Pietta kit. A bit more work, but at least I won’t spend my summer waiting. I promised Keri at Taylor’s that I’d be back soon. If I like this open top conversion as much as I think I will, I’ll probably “need” another, and Taylor’s has always given me good service, as has Dixie.

BTW, this is the pistol.

Thanks again,
Dirty Bob
-------------
Maker, tinkerer, general nerd

"Can't stop the signal, Mal." - Serenity (2005)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk