Author Topic: Got a garnishment check today  (Read 874 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Got a garnishment check today
« on: May 19, 2020, 10:53:28 AM »
I was rather shocked to find a check in the mail today from Sacramento  county sheriffs  office.  Turns out a judgement/ lien i won 12 years ago.  Got the max of 25% of his stimulus.  I bet he is pissed.   Oh yeah, the og bill of 17k is now 145k thanks too 18% compounded monthly by ca law.  Still no where close to the 40% of property value before i can forclose under ca law.

If the value of the home does not change for 3 years i could foreclose.  Which i would never do for the full ammount, but i sure as hell would sell it, take my 17k plus costs and give him the rest.  I maybe a bastard, but i am not a greedy bastard.

I kid, i would not do that either, but i sure as hell would threaten  it.  Hell i would even sign off the lien so he could get a loan for that ammount.  Then 1099 him thr difference.   ;D ok, i would not do that either.   Well unless he wanta to be an ass.  Then hell yes i would.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

Re: Got a garnishment check today
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 01:56:10 PM »
I always say that I would in a NY minute .
Then when the opportunity arises I settle for being rude and sarcastic never thinking of a lawyer till days later.   :-[
I guess it says I'm a sarcastic A Hole, but not a vindictive one .   ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Got a garnishment check today
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 12:24:25 PM »
I am actually a nice guy, i just play an ass hole on tv.  That said, cross me and i can be the biggest sob you ever met.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk