Author Topic: Glock Blue Label program again this year  (Read 3365 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Glock Blue Label program again this year
« on: May 28, 2020, 07:17:10 PM »
I understand that Glock is offering Blue Label pricing for former military with a DD214... Veteran's Day to Memorial Day again this year... what to get, what to get

regards Les

tombogan03884

Re: Glock Blue Label program again this year
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 09:16:57 PM »
Look at the G 40.

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g40-gen4-mos

Personally I think 10 MM is the semi auto equivalent to .357 magnum
Truly a "do everything" caliber ,
Combine that with relatively low price, and the simplest of locked breech designs you can't go far wrong    ;D

PS, That "E" after my name is not for Esquire, it's for Enabler.   ;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 09:22:15 PM »
Have you ever considered something non shooting, like buy a junker Mauser, or Enfield just to track the history in it's markings.

I ask because this tweaked my interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1aQNL-FLO0

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 07:50:41 AM »
Personally I think 10 MM is the semi auto equivalent to .357 magnum

I'm not on-board with the 10mm.  I watched SG show on shooting hogs with 10mm and was not impressed.

If someone is a Glock Fanboy then, yeah, 10mm is all you got in "high-power" save the 357Sig or the .45GAP

I rented the G44 this week.  Pleasant little .22.  No hiccups even with cheap range ammo.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 10:30:38 AM »
Tom... I'm not a hunter , and most of my hearing loss I blame on the 9x25 comp guns....and other than a 4" .22 Diamondback, I've never really purchased any firearm that doesn't get shot... except my two Grail guns, a Ruger Bearcat, and Browning .22 auto loading rifle, which I lusted after as a kid but could not afford

Alf... I have a G44 and have over 2500 trouble free rounds of CCI Blazer through it... I picked up a G45 last year on the Blue Label offer... and I'm happy with my G43 carry pistol... I participated in the program last year as it was the first time I was offered a "thank you" for my time spent in uniform... regards

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:12:44 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 10:38:19 AM »
I changed my account settings to show latest post first, and I've been completely bumfuddled ever since because the last posts are coming up first.   ;D

Alf, I hear what you are saying , on both topics.
All I got is, what else is there ?
The 357 Sig, 45 GAP, even 40 S&W are dying out,
(interesting , to me, side thought, Proprietary ID  like LC, S&W, etc, is usually a killer for calibers, Colt and Luger being the exceptions that prove the rule, Who ever heard of .30 WCF ?)
What other relatively available semi auto pistol cartridge is there ?
Some one said a pistol is to get you to your rifle. That's not true.
Pistols were invented designed and built, until after WW II to free up one hand for doing other things like stabbing people and controlling horses.
I think the best "Do it all" cartridge is one that will "puncture a horses skull, or a Frenchman's helmet, "
Humans should be a minimum capability not the standard.
Does that read sensibly ?

The other thing, Glock fandom.
Not being a member of GFFS, or in their shooting league, I would not call myself a "Fan boy"   ;D
Glock's are manufactured, Steel and wood are crafted, but technically, it really is pretty much perfect to the capacity of current technology. 
Gaston had 2 advantages in the Austrian pistol trials, First, he picked the  simplest most refined operating system possible, Browning's tilting breech,
Second, while Steyr has been making guns for 150 years, they had no plastic experience, they had to make all the investments of brand new facilities, Glock on the other had years of plastics experience and avoided that start up expense, so they could offer a lower per unit price .
Even to the civilian market SIG,  Cz, Colt, S&W, you will not find any better service pistol at the same price.

I think Glock will stay that way until 3D printing replaces plastic the same way plastic replaced stamped sheet metal.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 04:37:39 PM »
I think I'll buy a Powerball ticket for tomorrow... obviously being rewarded with some good luck... I called my local Blue Label gun shop yesterday, and jokingly asked if they had a G43x (10 round version) and the lady said that she had one in the BL program... it was late, and I couldn't make it by closing, so got there first thing this morning and picked up the G43x, and then when calling in for the background check I got an immediate approval from the FDLE... the clerk looked at me and said that the call in yesterday was taking at least 5 hours to get approval...off to the 7-11 Lottery purveyors... will pass if it isn't at least 150 million... Les

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 05:27:14 PM »
RE:  Glock Fan Boy/Girl

Interesting juxtaposition here.

While Glock is sort of the standard, "you can't go wrong with a Glock", they just don't appeal to me and I've documented why they literally rub me the wrong way.   Don't hate them though.

ON THE OTHER HAND.   I like shooting in the simple GSSF matches.  Have won two guns and other prizes.  It's the only reason i continue to own a G17.   As I approach that "can't shoot matches anymore" grey line in the sand, GSSF will probably be the last matches I'll shoot as they don't require movement or reloading on the clock.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2020, 03:31:42 PM »
.   As I approach that "can't shoot matches anymore" grey line in the sand,

They make glasses and walkers for that .   ;D
Think how much you'll save on hearing protection.   ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2020, 04:46:31 PM »
They make glasses and walkers for that .   ;D
Think how much you'll save on hearing protection.   ;D

I wish it was only " old guy" eyes that are stopping me.   Its trying to find the time.  I seem to be working  just as hard now as i was before i sold the company.   Only i am making peanuts
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk