Author Topic: The US Postal Service STILL Sucks!  (Read 3433 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1088
Re: The US Postal Service STILL Sucks!
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2020, 10:50:21 PM »
The population here is about 4 times that and AFAIK UPS is still open 9 hours a day. Maybe not, but they still deliver a lot of packages. They even brought me packages a couple of times they weren't supposed to! They were supposed give them to the post office, who was then supposed to deliver them to me the next day if they felt inclined to do so, but UPS was like, hey we were in the neighborhood anyway, so here you go. And they are nearby every day.

And the massive amount of suckage from the postal service continues unabated. On Dec. 2nd my package from MechTech was picked up in KALISPELL, MT, Departed the Post Office, and Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility MISSOULA, MT DISTRIBUTION CENTER. It was "2-day" priority mail that was supposed to be here Dec. 7th. Hmm, December 2nd-7th. Yeah, that's 2 business days. I forgot about the 4-day weekend. ::) But on Dec. 6th the post office said In Transit, Arriving Late, and my package was never seen or heard from again. I emailed MechTech today and told them about it and they called me back. They're sending me a replacement package, by UPS this time so I actually get it. If the other package ever shows up I'll let them know and they can decide what to do from there. Maybe they'll email me a UPS return shipping label. I don't mind driving 2 miles to the UPS Store to drop it off. This wasn't the only package they had that vanished into the aether at Missoula around that time. They don't know if someone hijacked a mail truck or what the heck happened but they're having problems with USPS too.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2020, 07:08:34 AM »
I hate to hear that Frank.  Our mail lady calls us when we have a package and drives about 300 yards off the road to the house to hand it to us....or put it in the house if we're gone.  Our UPS driver does that too!  The FedEx guys....not so much...they will throw it down anywhere in the front yard which is about 100 yards deep from the gate so you never know where to look.

The mail lady and the UPS driver will get some nice Christmas presents again this year...
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1088
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2020, 07:16:07 PM »
The one the post office shipped on December 2nd is still In Transit, Arriving Late, Delivery Date Unknown. And there haven't been any updates at all in the last 2 weeks. The one shipped by UPS Ground, the "slow" way, on 12/15/2020 has already been loaded on a local truck ready to be delivered tomorrow. They had it yesterday but it may have arrived after all the trucks left. If it wasn't for the weekend they would deliver it in 5 days when the post office can't get it here in 18 days. AFAIK ithe other one is still in Missoula, MT where it went on December 2nd.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2020, 07:45:33 PM »
I guess I hit the jackpot this year. Everything I ordered was either on time or early from FedEx, UPS, and USPS.
The last to arrive was today..... a holster from Vedder Holsters in Florida..... it was a day early from USPS.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2020, 10:49:43 PM »
I guess I hit the jackpot this year. Everything I ordered was either on time or early from FedEx, UPS, and USPS.
The last to arrive was today..... a holster from Vedder Holsters in Florida..... it was a day early from USPS.
  i am still short 1 thing, but most of my stuff has come from amazon delivery, not fed up.

I know. I hated to do it, but when your on the road more than your home, its not much of a choice
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:36:21 PM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2020, 04:12:45 AM »
(Long story, but here goes). As far as receiving shipments, I can't bitch and moan too loud. Especially when it comes to UPS and Fed Ex......... Up until now. This past week I took delivery of 2 Westinghouse 9,500 watt generators, that I plan to parallel for a total of 19 Kilowatts, and be able to run my entire house on. (That's another story for another thread).

Today, because of all the bad weather in the south, and fires in California, along with their crappy power grid that either black or browns out every time the wind blows, not to mention people who are preparing for the apocalypse, generators are selling like crystal meth in a housing project. Both Lowe's and Home Depot have trouble keeping the more popular, larger models in stock. Because of that I ended up buying one unit from Home Depot, and another identical unit from Lowe's.

These units have a shipping weight of 250 pounds each. So they have to be delivered by motor freight, or Fed Ex Freight. (Both UPS & Fed Ex have a 150 pound weight limit for "normal" deliveries). The unit I ordered from Home Depot came by way of Joe Blow's Motor Freight. And took over a week to get here. But it finally made it in excellent condition, and the 2 guys who delivered it called 30 minutes before they arrived. And delivered it right into my garage.

The Fed Ex Freight delivery could have gone to Moscow and back 3 times, in the time they took to deliver it. And according to the tracking history, it bounced around Southern California for over a week, (9 days), going through San Bernardino TWICE in 5 days, with one "Emergency Delay" after another. (Both units were shipped out of Sparks, Nevada). It finally made it here in good shape. The guy driving was by himself, and my driveway is on a bit of an incline, so I had to help him push it up into my garage. Which I was more than happy to do. It also came strapped to a wood pallet I didn't want or need. But at that point I was just happy to finally get the damn thing. He was also a hell of a nice guy, and was around my age. I felt sorry for the guy, the way he had to bust ass, making these heavy deliveries without a helper.

But between the 2, Joe Blow had Fed Ex beat 11 ways to Sunday. I ended up busting up the pallet with a sledge hammer so I could fit all the pieces into my recycle bin. (That was more work than unpacking and assembling both units). With Joe Blow I only had to deal with the cardboard and Styrofoam the unit came packed in.

I started reading about Fed Ex Freight, and the drivers HATE it, and many are quitting. Fed Ex has cut their hours so they don't have to pay overtime during the holidays. And deliveries are suffering because of it. Mine sure proved that. Anyway, it all finally ended well. These are both units. And both started right up on both gasoline and propane on the first touch of the button. Putting the wheels and feet on was the hardest part, because I had to lay on my side and fumble around to do it. But so far I'm impressed with both of them.

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2020, 08:42:14 AM »
Bill, You are lucky to find one. Most are being sent up here after our 12 inch storm that turned into 4 feet.    ;D

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2020, 09:39:50 AM »
I just now checked, and both Lowe's and Home Depot are both showing, "Out Of Stock" on this unit. I'm glad I bit the bullet, and bought them when I did.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2020, 10:21:07 AM »
Something to be aware of, Both FEDEX and UPS have stopped accepting packages because they are swamped and can't deliver then prior to Christmas, everything is going to USPS which is so overloaded they don't have the manpower to get them out in a reasonable time. My sister just retired from the PO and has friends there that told her about the mess they have. This is the worse they have seen in over 20 years and with covid they just don't have enough people to sort and deliver.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2020, 05:10:30 AM »
Something to be aware of, Both FEDEX and UPS have stopped accepting packages because they are swamped and can't deliver then prior to Christmas, everything is going to USPS which is so overloaded they don't have the manpower to get them out in a reasonable time. My sister just retired from the PO and has friends there that told her about the mess they have. This is the worse they have seen in over 20 years and with covid they just don't have enough people to sort and deliver.

I just ordered some specialty electrical plugs for my generators, that Home Depot just got back in stock. When I clicked on, "Home Delivery", it came up, "Not Available", and defaulted to, "Store Pickup". Which for me isn't too bad. And I'm sure it will get there quicker because UPS and / or Fed Ex isn't involved. They'll most likely be shipped to the store on a Home Depot truck direct from one of their warehouses. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk