Author Topic: Question For Tom On T/C Contenders ??  (Read 2871 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Re: Question For Tom On T/C Contenders ??
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2020, 09:25:05 AM »
. I'm not trying to be an asshole (it just comes naturally ;)).

I was joking, hence the wink. I'm really not trying to be an asshole, but it may appear that way sometimes to some people. And that's no joke.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

gemihur

• wildcatter & shootist
  • Forum Member
  • I shoot, therefore I am.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2020, 01:38:54 PM »
A contender is nice way to say 'Bang'

Here's a 14" SSK Bbl in 444 Marlin
If shooting a large caliber,
Use two hands!
Thanks,
Jimmy

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2020, 01:50:46 PM »
A contender is nice way to say 'Bang'

When you care enough to send the very best.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2020, 07:25:23 PM »
That A Hole J. D. Jones was why they had to come up with the G-2 and the Encore.
They were scared witless he'd blow some one up and They would get sued.    ;D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2020, 10:47:05 PM »
When the custom shop had .375 Winchester barrels I kept thinking that would be a good caliber to have for my Contender. But I don't reload and didn't think factory ammo would be all that great in a pistol. Eventually I quit hunting and didn't didn't have any use for it other than plinking, and there's cheaper ammo for that. Like .44 Magnum or .223 Remington. If I want to shoot it really cheap I have a chamber adaptor for .22 LR that fits in the .223 barrel. Then all I have to do is turn the selector on the hammer to rimfire instead of centerfire.

Here's a picture of 2 .375 Win. cartridges with a .38-55 and .308 between them for size comparison. It's more or less a .30-30 case necked up as far as it will go "stuffed with a hat-full of powder" as I saw another cartridge described in a gun magazine years ago.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:10:42 AM »

gemihur

• wildcatter & shootist
  • Forum Member
  • I shoot, therefore I am.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2020, 05:02:38 PM »
A 6x223 that needed a wrap

If shooting a large caliber,
Use two hands!
Thanks,
Jimmy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk