Author Topic: The First Sign Of Summer?  (Read 974 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
The First Sign Of Summer?
« on: June 19, 2020, 04:08:17 AM »
Air Quality Alert

START: Thu 12:47 PM. END: Fri 4:00 PM.

Clean Air Action Day. Relayed by National Weather Service Detroit/Pontiac MI 1247 PM EDT Thu Jun 18 2020.

...Air Quality Alert in effect for Friday June 19th...

The Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy has declared Friday June 19th to be an action day for elevated levels of ozone. Pollutants are expected to be in the unhealthy for sensitive groups range.

The action day is in effect for the following Michigan counties, Genesee, Lapeer, St. Clair, Livingston, Oakland, Macomb, Washtenaw, Wayne, Monroe.
Including the cities of Flint, Lapeer, Port Huron, Howell, Pontiac, Warren, Ann Arbor, Detroit, and Monroe

People and businesses are urged to avoid activities which lead to ozone formation. These activities include...refueling vehicles or topping off when refueling, using gasoline powered lawn equipment and using charcoal lighter fluid. Positive activities include...car pooling, biking to work, delaying or combining errands and using water based paints.

It is recommended that active children and adults, and people with respiratory diseases such as asthma, limit prolonged outdoor exertion.

An Air Quality Alert also continues for rest of today for all areas except Genesee and Lapeer County.

The roses in my front yard look like they'll be done in about 2 days. I cut a bunch of dead flower heads off a couple days ago to encourage them to bloom. I have some in the back yard that are mostly buried by thorn trees, deadly nightshade, and various other weeds and vines and such coming through the fence from the neighbor's yard. I need to buy a bunch of lawn and leaf bags and start chopping it all down again. I have lilies with buds but no flowers yet sticking up a foot past the top of the front porch. I'll snap a pic of them one of these days when it has some flowers.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
Re: The First Sign Of Summer?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 09:32:57 AM »
That's a spring thing for us.   Pollen counts in the thousands.  We're over it.   Summer means hot and humid.  Our warnings read about drowning while breathing.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk