Author Topic: Beretta 92  (Read 1708 times)

tombogan03884

Beretta 92
« on: June 25, 2020, 11:01:41 AM »
What's the deal with the Model 92 with factory bobbed hammer ?
The Model 92 D ?
Is it something special ?
 Or just cheap way to get DAO ?

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
Re: Beretta 92
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 12:34:00 PM »
The single action notch would have to be disabled or the hammer would stay cocked after the first shot. I would guess that the lock work was redesigned for DAO.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 05:27:19 PM »
 No changes to the lock just no way to thumb the hammer back.
It's a factory thing since the pistol is NIB.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 09:06:05 PM »
After the first shot, does the hammer stay cocked or does it follow the slide down?
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 10:00:23 PM »
The hammer spur is milled flush to the back of the slide you can not thumb cock it.

Empty chamber carry ?
Would any one be dumb enough to have the factory bob the hammer so the user racks the slide any way ?

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:18:00 AM »

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 10:42:43 AM »
Ok, Just did some research, It is a DAO pistol. Some police departments mandate a DAO semi auto for their officers, it's basically like having a DAO Revolver with a lot more capacity. The hammer will follow the slide and get cocked with the trigger pull. Most common complaints are the very long trigger pull.

-Sheriff Jim Wilson

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 11:52:08 AM »
Yeah and the Sig P250 didn't exactly set the woods on fire with DAO either, though it paved the way for the P320.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 03:22:18 PM »
Kind of messed up.
It's one I'd sell in a heartbeat, except that since it WON the army trials, it's kind of required for a collection of 1985 competitors   ;D
Or "Wonder Nines".
Speaking of which , whats this BS about wonder nines being the Glocks, and later Glocklings ?
The wonder nines were the steel frames that came before the Glock.
In fact, I haven't heard it used on any pistol since the Glock came out. It was the last true wonder nine, and the first of the "Ho Hum another service pistol".

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2020, 12:27:12 PM »

My S&W 5946's are both DAO. I got them from Cabela's around 2 years ago. They had bought a whole production run that S&W had warehoused for replacement guns for their police contracts. When many of those departments went to other pistols, they didn't need them anymore. So Cabela's bought all of them.

I like them because they're built like brick $h!thouses. All solid Stainless Steel. At first a liked the DAO. But now I don't care for it at all. The trigger pull is very heavy. (It's designed that way so cops don't fire without intention). A bit like Glock's with the, "New York Triggers". But after I put a 100 or more rounds through it, the trigger pull becomes all but unbearable. These guns have the hammer that is flush with the slide. There is no way you can position the hammer so it stays cocked. It always rides the slide forward. Hence the term double action only.

Now that I have 2 of them, and have fired them extensively, I really can't see a need for the DAO. The DAO feature really limits your ability to fire rapidly, with good sight control. They're a very well made pistol. I just wish they were normal, and not DAO.

I'd like to see him do this with a DAO S&W!.... Start video at 1:25.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXubLg3o3qY

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2020, 12:49:42 PM »
My 469 has only had the hammer bobbed so if you can get hold of the hammer you've still got SA and half cock.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk