Author Topic: Media Hope  (Read 2525 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Media Hope
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2020, 09:51:26 AM »
I leased a lead to do bids, ran out of juice once.  That was the last time i drove it
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2020, 10:39:51 AM »
Conversation overheard,
What's this cord  running out the window ?
Alf is charging his radio.
Awful big for a radio ?
The one in his car.

;D

7100 batteries ?
That's a butt load of AAA's !

Do you remember that GM was the first company to produce a full line of electric vehicles ?
That was why Obama had to bail them out, they failed badly.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2020, 04:20:20 PM »
TAB... thank you ... I heard that they were 18650s, but not up on the chemistry

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2020, 07:41:48 AM »
There's a video on utube that goes through battery technology. We are apparently way past even LiFePo4s by 2 generations, at least in the prototype stages, something called NCA (newest) and NCB.

Can't find the video I watched, but a utube search turned up hundreds of battery-technology videos.

What surprised me was that Tesla is not doing all of the research, and in fact has used other companies' batteries to leverage their own.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2020, 08:25:38 AM »
Not to return to the focus of the OP or anything . . . .

There is no hope for the media as it exists today. Everyone of the MSM workers THINK they're Edward R, Morrow, but what the are is money-grubbing, idealism-driven liars and pervayers of half-truths, conjecture, mis-truths, spin and intentional deception. I can't tell you the numbers of times I have heard breathless reporters state words like "could be", "might be", possibly, "experts (unamed of course) project that...", etc etc. ad nauseum.

I am seriously convinced that a reckoning for the top members of the media needs to be had. Use them as examples of what WILL happen if future media wonks go down this same path.

Remember, something like 96% of all media outlets (print, radio and TV, plus HBO, Netflix, Amazon, etc.) in the US are owned by just 6 companies, everyone of them owned (think WahPo owned by Bezos) or operated by progs.

Rant over, please feel free to return to your car talk. Thank you.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:35:58 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2020, 01:11:23 PM »
While the media as entertainment has been going on for quite a while, I blame the biggest spike in such news programming on the Writers Guild strike of 2008.  Not that it affected news rooms directly, but it whetted the viewing public's appetite for reality shows.    This was, I think, when more local  TV news rooms started going for touchy-feelly-we're-all-family, entertainment formats. 

Sadly, I help in '94/'95 when I was a contract producer for CNN's Talkback Live and help start the interactive audience show.

In the words of A. Bell, "what have I wrought?"
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 02:55:19 PM »
Not to return to the focus of the OP or anything . . . .

See, it didn't take much   ;D

It has been a creeping process .
In 1920 Walter Durante of the NYT praised Stalin to the moon and damned the hateful lies about Famine in Ukraine.
20 million died, other reporters publicly wondered where he had gone, because they were stepping over bodies in the streets.
Walter Winchell, and Cronkite were both leftists, and actively misrepresented Joe McCarthy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk