Author Topic: Happy Independence day!!  (Read 3992 times)

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
Happy Independence day!!
« on: July 03, 2020, 10:53:00 PM »
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: Happy Independence day!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 09:24:46 AM »
Long may she wave
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 09:53:36 AM »
 I hope that title is entirely sarcastic.
Considering arbitrary lockdowns, mandatory mask rules, unchecked rioting and destruction of our history.
You don't have any independence, and you DAMNED sure don't have anything to celebrate .
But they aren't bothering guns much so it's OK.
I've long said that if the Dems killed off the NFA they'd buy you off just as quick as welfare bought the black vote.
Personally I'm in morning for a once great Nation .

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 11:24:05 AM »
Reminder on what it all means.......and what to do if it "gets broke"....

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government.”
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 09:19:51 AM »
Reminder on what it all means.......and what to do if it "gets broke"....

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government.

Over the last couple weeks I have read several OpEds written by professors  calling for an updating of our Constitution and translating of our Delcaration into modern language.  We all know, through many attempts by the Legislature, what they will do to the Second Amendment.  Does anyone wish to take a guess what will be done to the above highlighted?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:11:19 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 09:56:47 AM »
That's why I oppose the "Convention of States" BS.
Only a moron would think leftists and RINO's would have no voice.

BAC

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 01:46:24 PM »
We spent the 1st to the 4th in Gettysburg.

Toured battlefields on the same dates as the battles, ate too much, the usual. One good thing about the pandemic, it wasn’t nearly as crowded as it would be otherwise.

We also stopped at the Flight 93 Memorial on the way to Gettysburg.

Here’s a link to my album from the trip on Flickr:  https://flickr.com/photos/133937047@N08/sets/72157714981890132

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 02:53:42 PM »
Thanks for sharing BAC!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

BAC

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 03:00:44 PM »
Thanks for sharing BAC!

Happy to do it.

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 08:11:07 PM »
My Division sir, lies there.

George Pickett never forgave Lee for the charge on July 3rd.

Gettysburg was no victory.
The Union lines held Lee's best efforts, but on the 4th when the Confederates were out of powder and artillery ammo  the Federals couldn't do anything but lick their wounds and allow an orderly withdrawal .
They based the claims of a great victory on repelling Lee's 2nd invasion, but the goal had always been to get behind him and cut his line of retreat, then destroy his army.
But it killed or wounded most of the best confederate troops.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk