Author Topic: Parler?  (Read 1118 times)

BAC

Parler?
« on: July 06, 2020, 10:03:53 AM »
I just heard about this relatively new social media site called Parler, which is supposedly unbiased. Anyone here have any experience with Parler?  This forum and Flickr are the closest things to social media I’m on right now, and I might want to give it a try. Most recently I tried Reddit, but the stupid got to be too much for me.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
Re: Parler?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 10:13:48 AM »
I just heard about this relatively new social media site called Parler, which is supposedly unbiased. Anyone here have any experience with Parler?  This forum and Flickr are the closest things to social media I’m on right now, and I might want to give it a try. Most recently I tried Reddit, but the stupid got to be too much for me.

I'm actually on both Parler and Reddit, the latter only for techy stuff - HAM radio, 3D printing etc. Yeah, politically the stupid is strong on there.

Also on Twitter - for now, until the people I follow get banned and so do I for reposting their stuff  - MeWe and Instagram (which I very rarely check)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

BAC

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 11:01:44 AM »
I'm actually on both Parler and Reddit, the latter only for techy stuff - HAM radio, 3D printing etc. Yeah, politically the stupid is strong on there.

Also on Twitter - for now, until the people I follow get banned and so do I for reposting their stuff  - MeWe and Instagram (which I very rarely check)

I was on Reddit for about 2 months.  Lots of gun and photography stuff.  Not the politics, but the young know-it-alls drove me crazy.  Kids who started developing their own film a couple months ago and now think they know everything there is to know about photography and processing.  And they all think it's really cool to use film that expired years or even decades ago!  The results are crap, as you'd expect from really, really old film, but they love it.  Most of them have no idea how to use their "analog" cameras, either.  THEY'RE FILM CAMERAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me started on the gun subreddits!  So many pictures of unsafe acts and just stupid behavior.  Don't bring it up, though, or you'll get shouted down as a "Boomer!"

Sorry for the rant.  I do feel a little better now.

P.S.  GET OFF MY LAWN!

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 04:23:55 PM »
I have accounts at MeWe, Parler, and that other one, forget the name, just got an e mail that it hadn't died after all.
They are a bigger waste of my time than FB.
I'm only on that to keep in touch with some specific people, going where they aren't is pointless.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk