Author Topic: Gun Leathet  (Read 1784 times)

Timothy

Gun Leathet
« on: July 12, 2020, 07:43:02 PM »
Just ten years young but this little Rosen holster still retains my snubbie quite well!

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
Re: Gun Leathet
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 07:38:08 AM »
I love leather holsters. After you ware them a while they simply mold to your body. The only thing that will hurt them is body sweat and I wear a teeshirt between it and my skin.

I have used a couple of the hybrid holsters and found them ok as long as they use leather for the back panel. Crossbreed does this. Alien gear are comfortable but they use neoprene for the backer. I do prefer leather.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 01:05:15 PM »
After 15 years, I need a new OWB belt holster for my G27. The one I use retains the gun but the belt slide openings have loosened and it droops unless I tighten my belt more than I need to. Tightening the belt is problematic due to the same issue with IWB carry. I have a IWB that's a few years old, but I have to be careful wearing IWB (or over tightening my belt) because of a couple of 3" screws in my upper hip. There is scar tissue around the area and it sometimes impinges on a nerve bundle in the area.

Anyway, right now I'm looking at a Simply Rugged by Rob Leahy. They are pricey, but durable as well as highly respected in the world of gun leather.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Dirty Bob

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Usual Suspect
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 08:00:55 AM »
Pegleg said:
“Anyway, right now I'm looking at a Simply Rugged by Rob Leahy. They are pricey, but durable as well as highly respected in the world of gun leather.“

I have one of Rob’s holsters, and it’s very well made. I think you would like one.

Bob
-------------
Maker, tinkerer, general nerd

"Can't stop the signal, Mal." - Serenity (2005)

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 08:23:44 AM »

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:36:29 AM »

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 10:16:23 AM »
Unless your chest is larger than 43 inches...
 Available in two sizes; Size 39": Suitable for 32-37 inch chest, Size 45": Suitable for 38-43 inch chest. Great for Men and Women.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 07:01:03 PM »
Majer, Raquel Welch could wear this frigging thing.    ;D
And the strap spreads the weight.
Only real downside is it's hot in the summer , but I got it for when I wear shorts.
No belt for a regular shoulder holster,
IWB pulls the damned things down or sags so the muzzle hangs out my leg.   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk