Author Topic: Insulated Garage Doors  (Read 1915 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: Insulated Garage Doors
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2020, 12:04:15 PM »
The whole field of small electronic modules just changes and morphs so frequently.   Manufacturers, dealers distributors and models change almost daily.  It is a great day to experiment with electronics because there are so many inexpensive modules available these days.

Here's a picture of my counter.  Just tacked it to the door frame.  It's LCD with no backlight so the internal battery will last ~7years.  It also uses contact closure so no external power is needed.   I just use a security magnetic switch at the top of the door with the magnet on the door itself.

ENM are quality units, but finding them and sorting through their catalog is a pain.  Then finding a distributor for quantity One is also a challenge.  DigiKey is one, but their catalog stinks too.   Trumeter & Redding are other good companies.   There are others. 

Now if you want a cheap one from China with the mag switch included, but requires a AA battery.

https://www.amazon.com/Yeeco-Shockproof-Electronic-Totalizer-Accumulator/dp/B07D6M8H24/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&hvadid=77996658660364&hvbmt=bp&hvdev=c&hvqmt=p&keywords=totalizer&qid=1597683321&s=industrial&sr=1-4&tag=mh0b-20

Picture is my ENM Unit not the Amazon unit

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk