Author Topic: Fine Motor Thinking  (Read 827 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
Fine Motor Thinking
« on: August 14, 2020, 02:15:05 PM »
As we all know fine motor skills and thinking tend to go away in any threatening situation.   Action pistol competition gives you a taste of what it's like when the buzzer goes off.   I know it's not like a real life, but a step closer to it than shooting at paper by yourself.

Anyway, I was digging through my file and found a GoPro video of an IDPA competition from 2013.  I happened to really like this scenario.  The rules have changed and now IDPA doesn't allow stage Course of Fire to dictate non-shooting actions, so this stage won't be shot again.   This one was a cool demonstration. 

You're in a public bathroom.   Gun on floor.  Pants down around your ankles and you're holding a roll of toilet paper.   (For the pants part we used a belt loosely around everyone's ankles.)   Suddenly 5 low-life scums bust in and start shooting the place up.   WITHOUT dropping the TP or pulling your pants up (or taking them off), engage all targets one handed.  The first target while seated, themn engage the 2 targets on either side from cover, shuffling because your pants are in the way.   Best 3 shots on each target count.

Fun huh?  But here's the thing.  After the stage is done, what do you do with the TP?  Everyone, except the simpleton at the end held onto TP like it would be a penalty to drop it.  They had been so conditioned to hold on to it during the COF they didn't think to ditch it afterwards.

The first shooter is shown in entirety so you get a sense of the stage.  The rest of the shooters just show how they continued to hug the TP after the stage was over.

https://vimeo.com/447923688
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Fine Motor Thinking
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 03:28:53 PM »
From my old snowball fight days I learned that lobbing one up high above the "enemies" heads  gave clear shots at them as they watched it. 

Toss the TP up above the target and let it distract them
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

Re: Fine Motor Thinking
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 04:10:17 PM »
Wipe with the left while shooting through the walls with the right . 
The MANLY version of rubbing your tummy while patting your head.    ;D
Or drop the TP , grab your BUG and come shuffling out like a disabled John Wick   ;D

I don't have a place for this kind of stuff ( or drink enough milk. ) but I would like to be able to put a board across a saw horse with a jug of water on each end and try to hit them both before the first one hits the ground . could use it for quick draw competition as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk