Author Topic: Natural Born Citizen  (Read 1573 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Natural Born Citizen
« on: August 16, 2020, 09:45:19 AM »
Here  is a link to an article written by  Alan Korwin.

"A natural born Citizen is a person born on U.S. soil, to two U.S. citizens at the time of birth. There is no other way to gain this quality. Period."

"REMEMBER: Kamala Harris is not eligible to become President of the United States."

https://pagenine.typepad.com/page_nine/2020/08/what-is-a-natural-born-citizen.html
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: Natural Born Citizen
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 10:35:19 AM »
Here is the problem:

United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 US. 649

In 1898, the Supreme Court of the United States ruled 6-2 that a person born in the United States, regardless of parents citizenship, is a natural born citizen.

While there is support for the opposite ruling, not a natural born citizen unless born on US soil to parents who are citizens of the US, based on Benjamin Franklin's stance at the time of crafting of the Constitution, the 14th Amendment started a path to the Supreme Court defining a natural born citizen.

In the case of our current Democrat V.P. candidate, there needs to be a ruling from the Supreme Court overturning or expanding the 1898 Court before we can scream foul.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 10:55:41 AM »
I think there is an issue as to the scope of the US vs Ark case. and that it has not always been followed so.

Constitutional scholars will have their say I'm sure.    There were some  rulings from  back in those days that have been altered.  Plessy v Ferguson.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 11:17:26 AM »
I think there is an issue as to the scope of the US vs Ark case. and that it has not always been followed so.

Constitutional scholars will have their say I'm sure.    There were some  rulings from  back in those days that have been altered.  Plessy v Ferguson.

True, but it is going to take more rulings to get anywhere.  In the meantime, we will focus on one thing, they will make fun of us, we will get steamed and tunnel vision, and they will paint us as fools while they have their way in the Halls of D.C.  It is big picture time, and resist getting bogged down in items that will burn us, even if there is a chance we are right and they are wrong.

As a friend of mine says, mainly about his relationship with his wife, "Better to lose the battle to win the war."
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 11:36:40 AM »
 Then explain ship board births . They are citizens of the country the ship is registered in.
 Up until you all went retarded newborns were citizens of the country they were born in unless the parents notified their home Govt.
 THAT was the issue with Obama, Mommy never registered him with the State Dept.
 In effect she was an anchor mother, but her kid was an illegal alien.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:15:03 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2020, 12:36:11 PM »
Then explain ship board births . They are citizens of the country the ship is registered in.
 Up until you all went retarded newborns were citizens of the country they were born in unless the parents notified their home Govt.
 THAT was the issue with Obama, Mommy never registered him with the State Dept.
 In effect she was an anchor mother, but her kid was an illegal alien.

These issues, and so many more, show the importance of selections made for the Courts.  From the lowest level, all the way up to the SCOTUS.

Bear with me while I drift into generalities, but here I go:
Liberals believe and preach that the Constitution is a "living document" that is ever evolving with current times and language.  Conservatives are originalists that believe that the Constitution is a foundation that everything is built off of.  A foundation limits the breadth of the growth to what fits on that footprint.

We need Jurists who look back to the original document, and research the transcripts of meetings, and follow the writings of the crafters as they crafted and ratified the document.  And, they need to stay away from cherry picking bits out of context.

There is a Bible teacher and theologian from Lincoln, NE, Woodrow Kroll.  Woodrow continually says two things:
1.  "If you want to know what the Bible says, go to the Bible."
2.  Put this thing on the sticky side of your brain (paraphrased).

1 - Go to the document, and quit wrapping yourself up in everybody's opinion and twist.
2 - Remember this portion, and with further study it will make sense.

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2020, 08:09:54 PM »
They also underline the importance of history since all of it, was settled by the courts 150 years ago or more. Same with epidemic response.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2020, 09:59:38 AM »
I guess a valid concern  with "on American soil" requirement would be children born to folks in Military/Government service stationed overseas.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2020, 02:36:38 PM »
Solus, No, Military hospitals are US territory and the rest are reported through channels.
We had this same discussion Obama, AND McCain.
It would have been nice if you'd paid attention the first 2 times.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk