Author Topic: f..k thieves  (Read 3351 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: f..k thieves
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2020, 08:29:55 PM »
That is why there is such a large black market in cat cons and def systems.  It is called platinum!  Beyond the value of the metal, there is a need for used systems for  those who have theirs stolen.
  its also they are 9k new from the dealer and by federal law you can not buy used cats..  there are no after market parts.  So you are looking at a doner truck or theft.   From what i have been told its not as bad as tail gate theft, hut its getting close.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1421
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2020, 07:24:29 AM »
I HATE, and I mean HATE theives. 2 years ago I have my storage unit broke into while we were in the middle of moving to a new house. The Insurance setlement was @22K but as time goes on we are STILL finding itmes missing that the A$$#0L#$ got. The got ALL of my ammo I had stored there. At that time I had at least 5K of every caliber I use. .380, .38, .357, 9mm, .45, 5.56, 7.62x39, .308 ALL of it. At least I have the sense to not store any weapons there but they did get 2 AR striped lowers. I HATE THEIVES.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2020, 12:18:54 PM »
2020 ford explorer st  is the loaner.  its very nice, but not $61k nice.   

looked for a new version of my truck on the lot... 72.5k sticker 80.2k drives it off the lot.    yet people still wonder why i refuse to buy new.

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2020, 04:36:27 PM »
Screw that. I'll walk.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2020, 06:53:25 PM »
Spoke too the adjuster  today, they are actually going to total  it out.

I am not sure what to think.     The truck only has 28k miles on it. 

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:55:38 PM »

red364

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2020, 09:57:39 PM »
I remember the good old days when you could cut the cat out and buy a "test tube", weld it on and you were good to go. We sold the crap out of those at our parts store. But, they never let you get away with that stuff for long. Sensors for this and that. Oh thats not enough?  Try this fluid for the environment and good luck figuring out how to bypass this shit!!!  Technology is good....sometimes!

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2020, 09:50:48 AM »
 Internet and  3 D printing are OK, rest is a bunch of crap.   ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2020, 10:44:21 AM »
That was fast, had a wire transfer for the value of the truck sent to me at 11:59 last night.

Now comes  the hard part.  Findind a new truck.    I looked for 6 months for that one.  I just cant stomach the 80k to drive a new one off the lot. 

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2020, 01:15:21 PM »
That was fast, had a wire transfer for the value of the truck sent to me at 11:59 last night.

Now comes  the hard part.  Findind a new truck.    I looked for 6 months for that one.  I just cant stomach the 80k to drive a new one off the lot.

We are looking to trade.  Current vehicles are an 06 and an 07.  We buy good used, few year old, and drive them into the ground.  Not quite, but for a long time.  Can save a lot by buying three year old with low miles.  Daughter and S-I-L buy new and trade every three years.  The price tag is scary, but when you do it the way they do, they have good value for trade.  When we were farming I always found that if you were going to buy new you needed to have a system worked out by your CPA, and stick to it for the pricing to work.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2020, 02:19:50 PM »
I would buy another 17, if o could find one like mine and for what i paid for it.   They paid out 61k for thr truck.   If i could find one 40s i would buy it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk