Author Topic: Ruger Buys Marlin from Remington Group  (Read 1202 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

BAC

Re: Ruger Buys Marlin from Remington Group
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 09:31:00 PM »
Ruger has a statement about it on their homepage as well.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 09:13:19 AM »
I am glad to see that Ruger has it.  In addition to lever guns this will also acquire for them a proven line of "budget" rimfire rifles. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 09:09:59 AM »
Hopefully they will show better judgement than the jack asses who tried reintroducing the failed R-51.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 10:34:59 AM »
Hopefully they will show better judgement than the jack asses who tried reintroducing the failed R-51.

I can't remember a gun that was introduced twice, and had as many problems the second time around, as it did the first.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:34:16 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2020, 09:06:02 AM »
BillT, It was 3 times.
The original design dated to before WW II , it failed then as well because the locking system was crap . It was based on Thompsons Blish principle and since that was BS the system never actually worked.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2021, 12:53:38 PM »
I'd like to see a No. 1 in .450 Marlin the year they make a lever action in that caliber. They only make certain limited edition No. 1 rifles each year and it seems fitting to do that.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk