Author Topic: What's the best handgun caliber 9mm, 10mm, or...  (Read 3873 times)

tombogan03884

Re: What's the best handgun caliber 9mm, 10mm, or...
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2020, 07:30:45 PM »
One of THOSE contests ?    ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYlDgwo52tI

Mines bigger      ;D
And a spiffy looking guard to polish it.    ;D ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKmi0PN7LxM

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2020, 07:11:51 AM »
Those aren't handguns. Here's mine, Tom.  A Desert Eagle with an M203 Shorty 40 grenade launcher. I call it the "wrist breaker". I bet you didn't know that's what the rails on the pistol were for. I'm still working on a better front sight for it, but for now I just guesstimate. BTW, it's my only crew-served handgun.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2020, 08:21:02 AM »

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1403
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2020, 08:08:17 AM »
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2020, 08:37:57 AM »

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:40:47 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2020, 07:11:30 AM »
I bought a break-open 37mm pistol and an M2037 flare gun, but don't think I can get the super-duper bird bombs anymore that I found at a gun show one time. I have some empty cases I could reload but never bothered with trying. IIRC I bought smoke grenades and flares from Firequest or another place just like it that were both pretty lame. If I was going to buy another 37mm flare gun I might get the "Bloop Tube" M79 style. They may be old-fashioned but they still look bad-@$$ and the longer barrel should have a higher velocity for more range. This one looks real enough to fool just about anyone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M79_grenade_launcher
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2020, 08:19:40 AM »

I just posted 2 links for ammo.
Including Bird bombs.

You can pack some interesting crap into a flare body as well.   ;D

http://www.americanspecialtyammo.com/37_mm.html

https://firequest.com/37mm-accessories.html

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2020, 09:55:50 AM »

I just posted 2 links for ammo.
Including Bird bombs.

I know, but they weren't like the bird bombs I had. They were a lot longer and probably twice as powerful.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2020, 10:07:20 AM »
I may have found my next pistol. ;D I don't know what kind of shell that is, but it looks better than a 5" long bird bomb.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2020, 11:52:57 AM »
You may have seen this picture of a 12 gauge Desert Eagle before. That would be more awkward handling than than the .50 AE, but not much.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk