Author Topic: Pfizer reports astonishingly good data from its ongoing vaccine trial  (Read 3911 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Pfizer reports astonishingly good data from its ongoing vaccine trial
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2020, 10:26:24 AM »
I've got pretty good immune system.
Almost never get sick.
When I get the flu I feel like crap for a couple days then on with life.
I've had the flu shot twice and got sick as a freaking dog, nigh unto death, as it were.
Last time was with my 1st heart attack.
I got coughing so hard I gave myself a hernia that kept me out of work longer than the heart attack did.
They can stick their vaccines somewhere, but it won't be in me.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2020, 05:08:13 PM »
I'm immune to about everything there has been and will be.  If you went through this line  (Les?), which I did almost monthly and was certified travel to any, and I mean any, place worldwide. You got shots upon shots.  2 at a time.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2020, 11:23:23 PM »
I remember those at Lackland A.F.B. 1978
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2020, 05:24:14 AM »
I hated the cholera shots...

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2020, 08:57:09 AM »
My arms and butt hurt just seeing that picture.    ;D

Sponsor

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2020, 10:08:35 AM »
I've never gotten a shot via those pneumatic guns. Are they painful compared to a regular syringe with a needle?

Timothy

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2020, 10:18:35 AM »
I've never gotten a shot via those pneumatic guns. Are they painful compared to a regular syringe with a needle?

Maybe a bit but we got them every few days in both arms for several weeks in boot!  Your arms didn’t recover in between!

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2020, 02:30:44 PM »

Depended on whether the Corpsman was hung over or not.
 Steady hand was better.    ;D

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2020, 07:00:59 PM »
Just don't flinch, the pressure will cut you, Happened to a guy from Pa in my flight, He just about passed out from it.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2020, 09:44:14 PM »
there was a portable version that used a foot pump to provide pressure... sounded like a pneumatic grease gun used to lubricate auto steering zirk fittings...

I got smart, and went to the base Veterinarian to get my shots... he claimed he gave the most gentle shots as most of his patients could bite

after receiving a yellow fever shot, a guy in my basic flight at Lackland (Feb 1970)  said "Chief (I was a dorm chief) am I supposed to be able to wipe off my eyebrows?  which he showed me as his eyebrows came off... I sent my chow runner to the charge of quarters for para medics... we did not see him after that...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk