Author Topic: 80% Kits and BATFE  (Read 1657 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
80% Kits and BATFE
« on: December 12, 2020, 08:20:03 PM »
Anybody following the BATFE visits to retailers (verified) and follow up visits to those who bought the kits (alleged)?

If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: 80% Kits and BATFE
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 08:21:06 AM »
If 80% isn't the line in the sand, what is?

50%?

What about a solid block of aluminum and the CNC code for a milling machine? 

What about just the milling or printing code?  Does that fall under 1st Amendment?

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 08:45:25 AM »
Pincus and Bane are both blogging about and citing code about what is and isn't a firearm legally, and if this assortment of parts, where is the law?  The more I ponder it the more I go back to issues like bumpstocks and the ability to subjectively attack legal accessories.

Remember a year or two back and the legal attacks on the sale of CNC code for receiver milling.  I believe they didn't go fully broad at first, but attacked a specific receiver - AR.

I know that among the items on the gun control agenda is online parts availability and sales.  I have read that they see this as a first step toward all firearm parts.  I foresee a plan to require all parts, repair, replacement or upgrade to be forced through an FFL and eventually only installed by FFL gunsmith.  If they can't get it done up front, they will use litigation to create case law:  S&W spec for trigger pull is eight pounds, this preplacement meets that spec, but an untrained and un licensed user or installer might screw it up and we now have a model 700 issue.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 12:29:13 PM »
F#ck 'em

https://www.cncguns.com/downloads.html

The technology was invented in workshops and cellars, it can go back there.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 09:43:43 AM »
F#ck 'em

https://www.cncguns.com/downloads.html

I am downloading them all just to make sure they remain free. I will have them ready for anyone that needs/wants them in the future.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:49:09 PM »

Dirty Bob

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Usual Suspect
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 10:59:26 AM »
There was a recent article on 3D printing in survivalblog.com. Decent article, with info to get you started, but not a lot of specific details. It included a link to a Deterrence Dispensed site with links to a whole host of 3D files, plus such things as the plans for building an AR lower out of sheet metal.

I suggest that even if you don't own a 3D printer, that you download everything that you MIGHT be interested in printing. The more the information is out there, the harder it is for them to stop it. The FGC-9 (F*%k Gun Control-9) uses 3D printing and hardware store parts, though it includes an AR fire control group. The AR fire control group (trigger, hammer, disconnector, along with springs and pins) is the one gun "part" to buy right away. Even a rifled barrel can be made at home, using electro chemical machining (ECM), which the FGC-9 instructions cover. ECM works fine with heat-treated steel, so you can buy a heat-treated steel "pipe" and turn it into a barrel.

I have not tried this myself. I prefer to shop around at gunpartscorp.com and find a barrel that I can work with. I've been playing with sheet steel to see what I can come up with and haven't yet gotten into 3D printing. A "0%" receiver seems quite doable, either with 3D printed plastic, or with sheet metal, sorta' like an AKM. You end up going down a rabbit hole with this kind of project, but it's an interesting trip!  ;D
-------------
Maker, tinkerer, general nerd

"Can't stop the signal, Mal." - Serenity (2005)

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2020, 08:52:19 AM »
But it's such an interesting rabbit hole.    ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk