Author Topic: Nra files chapter 11  (Read 2821 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Nra files chapter 11
« on: January 15, 2021, 06:33:00 PM »
says they are moving to Texas and dumping Wayne Lapierre.

If they actually do, I might sign back up.  That scum bag has needed to go since before he was there
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: Nra files chapter 11
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 07:42:19 PM »
Sadly I learned this from the Brady Bunch.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 08:53:44 PM »
Dumping Wayne is a good thing.  The Chapter 11 may be to address the New York state lawsuit to protect assets....I dunno.

Maybe Mr. Michael Bane can chime in here.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 02:52:49 AM »
says they are moving to Texas and dumping Wayne Lapierre. If they actually do, I might sign back up.  That scum bag has needed to go since before he was there

I heard about the move to Texas, along with the Chapter 11 deal. But this is the first I heard about dumping La Pierre. Are you sure? From what I understood he was almost "impossible" to get rid of, because he had the by laws changed so they couldn't remove him with a simple vote.

As I understood it, (correct me if I'm wrong), that was why Oliver North and Chis Cox were gotten rid of. They were both pushing for Wayne's removal. If it's true, this is a good thing. That certified, money grubbing POS has been on a lot of people's shit list for a long time. He long ago became a liability to the NRA. And was never much of an asset. Lawyers are a dime a dozen. And most all of them will come far cheaper than that guy.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 09:55:18 AM »
I heard about the move to Texas, along with the Chapter 11 deal. But this is the first I heard about dumping La Pierre. Are you sure? From what I understood he was almost "impossible" to get rid of, because he had the by laws changed so they couldn't remove him with a simple vote.

As I understood it, (correct me if I'm wrong), that was why Oliver North and Chis Cox were gotten rid of. They were both pushing for Wayne's removal. If it's true, this is a good thing. That certified, money grubbing POS has been on a lot of people's shit list for a long time. He long ago became a liability to the NRA. And was never much of an asset. Lawyers are a dime a dozen. And most all of them will come far cheaper than that guy.

The purge of Board members was largely over the push to change LaPierre.  Whether evicted, pushed to resign, or just threw in the towel, it was Wayne's grasp of absolute power and manipulation that caused this.

I am hoping that this move will include Wayne's retirement, and a restructuring of the Board.  We need a smaller active Board that is supported by advisory groups or sub-boards.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:13:32 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 09:36:25 AM »
We need a "No Compromise" son of a bitch like Nugent who will think about pushing back instead of just giving away our rights slower than the Dems want to take them.
Stand and fight, or STFU and run your museum..

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 12:42:52 PM »
We need a "No Compromise" son of a bitch like Nugent who will think about pushing back instead of just giving away our rights slower than the Dems want to take them.
Stand and fight, or STFU and run your museum..

I believe that with a smaller more active Board, and an Executive Vice President who is accountable to the Board we would be able to have four strong branches:  Education, Competition, Political, and Foundation.  Sadly, the Board had reached the point that it just fulfilled the legal requirements of being a 501, and had no real say any more.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2021, 02:06:52 PM »
And just when did the NRA plan on letting its members know about the Chapter 11 and move? When I signed up as a life member decades ago, I thought it would be for my life, not the organization's. I didn't expect 150 years of the NRA end with bankruptcy, if that's what happens.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2021, 02:29:18 PM »
And just when did the NRA plan on letting its members know about the Chapter 11 and move? When I signed up as a life member decades ago, I thought it would be for my life, not the organization's. I didn't expect 150 years of the NRA end with bankruptcy, if that's what happens.

They're not going away... Just to Texas. And they're going to rid themselves of a lot of excess baggage in the process. Wayne La Pierre among one of the biggest. That guy has been sucking on their financial tit FAR too long. And, like many organizations and companies, they have become far too fat over the years. Time for a weight reduction program.

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2021, 04:23:50 PM »
Didn't Big Frank just point out in another thread that the head is 60% fat ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk