Author Topic: Engravers  (Read 3247 times)

tombogan03884

Engravers
« on: February 18, 2021, 10:50:01 AM »
AWESOME !   ;D

It seems like no one gives a crap about metal, in any form, as "art".

Ian at Forgotten Weapons has an excellent video on Gold Damascene, but other than so called "Reality" shows like "Forged in Fire" there isn't much out there on  methods of metal embellishment .
It isn't just a gun thing either.
If it can be made you can bet some one some where wanted a fancy one.   ;D

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Snap-On-24kt-Gold-Engraved-Collector-5-Piece-Wrench-Set-In-Walnut-Case-/383322763117           ;D

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
Re: Engravers
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 11:59:11 AM »
AWESOME !   ;D

It seems like no one gives a crap about metal, in any form, as "art".

If it can be made you can bet some one some where wanted a fancy one.   ;D

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Snap-On-24kt-Gold-Engraved-Collector-5-Piece-Wrench-Set-In-Walnut-Case-/383322763117           ;D
  I worked with a guy years ago that had a large Snap-on tool box in his spare room with nothing but those limited edition  gold plated sets.He passed away a couple years ago,I wonder what happened to his collection.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 07:45:20 PM »
Some years ago I got some Craftsman gold plated wrenches.  It during a going out of business and I thought I was retiring and wanted something to remember the old Sears by.

Sears.  Just a real shame they are essentially gone.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 08:22:56 AM »
I hope you realize that I posted that link as the most ridiculous and pointless embellishment I could think of   .   ;D

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 10:37:35 AM »
Yeah, but I had to do it anyway.  I have like 3 wrenches in a little wood case and 5 sockets.

It looks like I could sell them on eBay and do well....

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:38:34 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 02:22:17 PM »
Some years ago I got some Craftsman gold plated wrenches.  It during a going out of business and I thought I was retiring and wanted something to remember the old Sears by.

Sears.  Just a real shame they are essentially gone.

All my Craftsman wrenches were grease plated...  ;D  ;D
Thank heavens for PB B'laster, ATF and 3-in-1 oil.  ;D ;D ;D

I have two rolling toolbox stacks of Craftsman tools all bought in the late 80's through the late 90's.
The current Craftsman stuff is nothing compared to the OG stuff. Lowe's carries the brand now and much is now made in Chyyyna and cost three times what the US-made stuff did years ago (the higher pricing is probably to influence folks to by the Kobalt brand which is promoted by Lowe's).
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 05:20:47 PM »
When Sears sold Craftsmen there was no doubt Sears was on the way out.  Typical MBA play...guess who gets rich on that one.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2021, 09:15:45 PM »
Sears, like many large mature companies, started listening to their bean counters as opposed to their founders.  A few decades ago they pulled the specialty tools because the BCs said they took up space, didn't turn over rapidly and showed little profit.   Trouble was, if Joe had to go to a specialty store for a special tool, why not buy the common ones there too?  Result was all their tool sales plummeted.  It was just another nail.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2021, 05:06:00 AM »
Yep.  The eternal battle between the practical and the bean counters. 

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2021, 08:42:53 AM »
Business' almost NEVER fail because of the workers, unless they are Union and price themselves out of a job.
99% of business failures are due to incompetent management.
Look at Colt, bankrupt during WWII when they were arming half the world.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk