Author Topic: My new toy is on the way.  (Read 1785 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
My new toy is on the way.
« on: March 06, 2021, 01:01:26 AM »
My new toy should be here Monday. I got the X-Products X-FORE Can Cannon Launcher Package + M200 Blanks while it's on sale. I wouldn't have bought the Golf Ball Launcher with the Can Cannon, but it was only about 8 1/2 dollars more than buying a Can Cannon and bag of blanks. At least that's what I came up with on my calculator a few times when I triple checked it. Now it's almost a $30 difference. I think they lowered the price of the Can Cannon itself. If you have an old first generation Can Cannon, you can buy a Gen 2 Threaded Port that the golf ball launcher screws onto. With good G.I. blanks they say it can shoot a golf ball up to 500 yards, but I'll find something to use as a direct-fire target. :D I bought it mainly to launch cans anyway, but I have a handful of golf balls I found that I'll shoot. I think I'm a mile and a half from the nearest golf course, but every few years a golf ball just shows up on the street or in the yard. I don't know where they come from.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: My new toy is on the way.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 01:19:11 AM »
Can Cannon Laser Engraved Artwork Sleeve Replacement, with artwork created and laser engraved by Octo Arms, Inc. If you want a custom can cannon, you can get one of these sleeves and the G2 threaded port to put on an upper, or replace the sleeve on a standard can cannon. The laser engraving wraps around 360 degrees so each figure blends into the other.

https://xproducts.com/laser-engraved-sleeve-for-can-cannon-ar15-soda-can-launcher/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2024, 06:20:22 PM »
It's been a long time since I started this thread, but I figured this is the right place to post this. I already had the Firefield Impulse 1x22 Compact Red Dot Sight on the Windham Weaponry flattop upper on the Can Cannon. Then I got a Strike Industries T1 Riser Mount and stacked it on top, with the lower 1/3 co-witness spacer on top of that. The spacer should be on the bottom of the SI mount but it won't fit in the groove on top of the Firefield mount, and the SI mount will. Everything is built to an Aimpoint T-1 footprint, as are my Vortex SPARC II and SIG Romeo-MSR. The optic is a circle dot reticle in red and green with 5 brightness levels on the 12 position switch. With the high mount and the optic in the middle of the upper, I'll be able to angle the launcher upward and still see over the muzzle through the sight. Then maybe I can use the edge of the circle instead of the dot to aim long shots. I don't know what kind of arc a beer can makes when you lob one 100 yards, but it won't be as straight as a bullet. I plan on finding out this summer with some cheap Walmart soda or something like that. I have the golf ball launcher screwed in too, but only have about 7 golf balls IIRC. If I don't find any crab apples or something else I can cram in there, I'll just unscrew it and start shooting cans. It also shoots potatoes but I haven't tried it myself. I saw someone on YouTube take potatoes a little to big and pound them them in with their hand, cutting them into bore diameter projectiles.

https://www.strikeindustries.com/si-t1-riser.html

https://firefield.com/products/firefield-impulse-1x22-compact-red-dot-sight?_pos=15&_sid=9b40252a3&_ss=r

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2024, 08:59:39 AM »
I'm going to play devil's advocate.
Take a Coke can and use a can opener to cut off the top. Fill with fireworks, cherry bombs, etc with SLOW FUSE. Put the can in the launcher, FIRE.

Would that work?

My thinking would be to return ANTIFA fire at riots. Place round behind enemy lines. ;^)

(Just my mind going crazy)
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2024, 05:42:42 PM »
I don't see why not. If it fit's, it's a projectile. And the tennis ball the kid shoots in the second video could be soaked in lighter fluid and set ablaze like a lot of people did with tin can tennis ball launchers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-hy0kzWNKI

SHORT https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XS2hUcBloWM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj_b5aNkxP0

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:46:44 AM »

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2024, 08:19:48 PM »
Many years ago a coworker and I made a tennis ball cannon out of exhaust tubing(we worked in a muffler shop) We used an Oxy/acetylene mix for the fuel and touched it off with a cutting torch. It sounded like a mortar going off  when fired and we never did know where the ball landed.It was quickly stashed in the trunk of the other guys car before any police came by the area. I always wondered what happened to it afterwards.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2024, 08:12:09 PM »
One time I heard about some guys setting off bag bombs. I never heard of a bag bomb before, but it's oxy-acetylene mix in a plastic bag. You torch it and it blows up, but don't use too big of a bag! One guy said he used a garbage bag and when it blew up, it put him through the garage wall, or halfway through it. :o  For a long time I didn't know carbide lamps made acetylene gas by reaction of calcium carbide with water. I knew it made something from carbide and water, but didn't know it was acetylene, just like an oxy-acetylene torch.

One of my uncles in the U.P. used to work at "the carbide plant", wherever and whatever that was. I always assumed it was a Union Carbide plant somewhere. It turns out, in the 1950s, the hydroelectric plant at Alford Park in the Soo was owned by Union Carbide – Michigan Northern. Maybe he worked there. Construction began in 1898, and the opening date was in 1902. The building is 20 feet over 1/4 mile long. 122 years later, the Soo hydropower plant is one of the oldest large generating stations still operating in the United States. One of my cousins' husbands, my uncle's son-in-law used to work there under the supervision of the Army Corps of Engineers. His wife, my cousin was the Postmistress I talked about before who cross-country skied to work in the winter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Marys_Falls_Hydropower_Plant#

https://loc.gov/pictures/item/mi0085/

P.S. If you go to a campground in Canada and they ask if you want hydro, they aren't asking if want to hook up to a water connection, they're talking about electric. Weird.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2024, 07:48:03 PM »
Big Frank, Yeah, we did that too, Was a guy that used to walk around the town talking to himself, The assistant manager didn't like him hanging around the shop because he would get into arguments with himself. So he took a tall kitchen garbage bag and filled it with a mix of Acyt/Oxy and tossed it by the side of the building hoping to scare him away, Threw a cigarette at it and hit it first time, Was a VERY LOUD boom and a fireball, The guy didn't even flinch, like he didn't even hear it,The town PD showed up in 2 minutes asking us what happened, Manager told him it was a backfire from a car we were working on.Never heard anymore about it after that.This all happened about 30 years ago, so I'm guessing the statute of limitations has run out. ;) ;D
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk