Author Topic: USPSA LoCap Nationals 2021 Taladega  (Read 1699 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
USPSA LoCap Nationals 2021 Taladega
« on: April 28, 2021, 08:54:37 PM »
Forgot to mention.  Anyone else going?  May 7, 8, 9.

I'm in squad 112, AM/PM/AM all revolver.  I think there are 20 revolvers total.  We had 40 last year.

In case you hadn't heard USPSA got a deal with Federal for Syntech ammo. Pre order 500 or 1,000.  I'll have enough for this and SIG EDC.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: USPSA LoCap Nationals 2021 Taladega
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 10:22:15 AM »
Whew! 

That was a blast.  So much better spread over three days than last years one day marathon. 

I even shot one of the longer stages all A's.  It's being slowly drill into my thick skull that time is more important than points.
With practice and repetition not only am I coming up with good match plans, but I'm even developing plan B's and following them.
While I didn't finish very high, hey I'm a class C shooter, not a GM, it was a kick when I beat some GM/M on a stage because I shot it more accurately or I had a good plan B and executed it.  381/414 overall and 34/40 Revolver beating all but one C class shooter.  So I came in second in C class. 

Things were good until the last stage of the last day.  I was tired and I forgot a target, plus a mis-stepped once.  I could probably up a whole Hit Factor point if I shot it again.  (would we all?)

Picture below is me walking the first stage on Sunday with coffee in hand.  Here's a link to the only video I can find so far with me in it.  I'm at 18:20, tan pants, blue shirt, coffee in hand.  At 25:25 is Christopher on my squad.  15yo shoots quite well.

https://www.facebook.com/144891598856366/videos/1363496490687639

Sorry it's FB.  All I got

Which was neat how they had streaming camers on many of the bays and streamed it live all day.  May take me a week to go through those videos to see if I can find me actually shooting.

Met and talked to John Scoutten several times.  Nice guy.  He was in the squad behind mine.  We'd compare notes.  He was shooting SS.

I opted to go with the Approved Ammo program and bought the Federal Syntech ammo. (1,000rds)  Mainly just to get the ammo, but it was Federal so it's got to be good stuff (150gr), so I signed on.  It shot flawlessly.  The brass is just a mill or two bigger than AE or S&B and it was tight going into the moon clips (9mm).  Very hard to get out.  (I almost broke my BMT.  I've got to get the standard moon clip tools as a backup.  Almost panic Friday night.)  Then we got to CHRONO.  I failed!  BUT, since it was Match Approved ammo, I got a waiver.  For grins they fired my very last chrono round and it did push me over anyway.  That was cool.  So officially I went down in the books as 125.1!   I love this stuff though.  I'll see how it does in my semi-autos. 

It was great seeing all the revolver people.

Will work for ammo

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 05:57:17 PM »
Nice rundown Alf.  I enjoy your postings about matches I wish I could attend.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 02:44:04 PM »
(No it's not in slo-mo.  I'm just not very fast.)

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/549694075
Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk