Author Topic: NRA Elections 2021  (Read 2377 times)

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
NRA Elections 2021
« on: June 14, 2021, 12:59:11 PM »
Looking for some help here.

I got my copy of The American Rifleman, and saw that it was time to elect board members. Not sure what to do. I recognize the value of the NRA (I think I'm benefactor having taken advantage of the numerous offers to upgrade for 25% of the cost), but I send all financial solicitations back in their pre-paid envelopes after writing a note saying "Not one more cent until LaPierre is GONE!!!" as I did today.

I looked over the list of candidates, and yawned. One or 2 I recognized, but no one I know well - or trust - is running.

So what to do? Take a stab at the familiar names? Write in a whole mess of names to take votes away from the listed ones? Or recognize that the board is powerless against Lapierre and his cronies on the exec committee and just ignore it?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

tombogan03884

Re: NRA Elections 2021
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 02:06:55 PM »
Probably the wrong way to express my disgust, but I threw it in the trash.
I won't vote for any of the bastards and didn't think to write in Ian McCollum, or the C&Rsenal crew.
The NRA has never defended shit.
They just surrender slower than the Democrats want.
Where's the "Hearing Protection" act ?
Where's ANY Dem "give" in these so called, compromises ?

It comes down to this,
If a heavily armed majority are oppressed by a whiny minority, they are gutless pukes, and deserve it.

I may be The NRA, but I ain't giving up shit.

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 02:16:18 PM »
Trash…. Pissed I gave them money over the years!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 05:10:42 PM »
I wish there were someway to know who would clean house and who's just a figure head.

I typically vote for anyone from the South East, but that's no guarantee.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 06:10:19 AM »
I have not and will not contribute another dime to the NRA.  Bogan has it spot on when he says they haven't done sh!t. 

I am actively contributing to the Second Amendment Foundation and Gun Owners of America.  They are in the fight to save the second and their efforts are actually bearing fruit. 

If you truly care about 2A, I encourage you to explore these alternatives.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:13:20 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 08:36:20 AM »
I have not and will not contribute another dime to the NRA.  Bogan has it spot on when he says they haven't done sh!t. 

I am actively contributing to the Second Amendment Foundation and Gun Owners of America.  They are in the fight to save the second and their efforts are actually bearing fruit. 

If you truly care about 2A, I encourage you to explore these alternatives.

Crusader Rabbit

I'm about halfway through paying for a GOA Life membership.
They have the same deal NRA did, $50/ a month

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2021, 08:11:31 AM »

This is from a man that I will vote for as a write-in. I have been following him for about 3 months. He wants Wayne and the head members of the board GONE. This is from an email he sent out.

How many people left or will not join the NRA because of Wayne LaPierre?
Frank Tait from Frank Tait for NRA Board of Directors
Tue 6/15/2021 4:46 PM

How many people left or will not join the NRA because of Wayne LaPierre?
Why does the NRA Board not address the negative impact of Wayne LaPierre?

Frank Tait
Jun 15   

Comment
Last weekend was the first Gun Show in the Philadelphia area since the start of COVID. There were over 1,000 tables and it was very well attended. Firearm’s Owners Against Crime graciously let me hang out at their booth. I spoke to over 1,000 attendees asking them to write me in on the NRA Board ballot.

Over the 3 days of the event, about 400 NRA voting members took my flyer explaining how to write me in on the ballot. Many asked for extra copies so they could share at with other like-minded NRA members. It was fascinating to watch the pattern in the interactions. Over half kept walking away as I started my pitch. As soon as I said, “I’m part of the group working to get rid of Wayne LaPierre”, they immediately turned around and engaged. Many thanked me for making the effort. Only 3 people said they would not support me as they supported Wayne.

About an equal number told me they were no longer an NRA member and that they had shifted their allegiance to Gun Owners of America (GOA), Second Amendment Foundation or Firearm Policy Coalition (FPC). The NRA recruiter at the event said that 9 of 10 people he talked to said they would not renew or join as long as Wayne LaPierre remained at the NRA. Many told me that they were sending back membership and fundraising solicitations with messages that they would not join/renew or give until Wayne is gone.

Several hundred were NRA members, but not voting members. They also were very supportive of reforming NRA management and the Board.

This message about the negative impact of Wayne has gotten to the board. That they have done nothing with it is infuriating. It’s like the Board has a mental block that immediately discounts anything negative about the EVP. Competent leadership would be demanding an analysis of the impact of this sentiment on membership. Is Wayne the reason we do not have 10,000,000 members?

Members will elect 25 directors in this election (the ballots are coming out now). Members need to send a clear message that we DEMAND ACCOUNTABILITY. There are 28 candidates on the ballot. Bullet voting is the best way to send that message of accountability

The only director on the front of the ballot that deserves a vote is Owen Buz Mills as he stood up and supported Judge Journey’s attempt to bring in accountability.

NONE of the Nominating committee endorsed candidates deserve a vote. In particular members need to send the message that Carolyn Meadows, the NRA President who admitted that she shredded and burned her notes so that they would not be available, should not be re-elected.

I understand that Rocky Marshall is also running as a write in. In his short time on the Board, he has stepped up and asked the tough questions that Directors should. He deserves your support.

I ask that you please write me and Rocky in on the ballot for the 2021 board of directors election when you get you ballot in the next couple of weeks. It is in the June/July issue of your NRA magazine.

Write In’s MUST have the information as depicted below. Thank you for your support.

Please subscribe for further updates from me.

Comment
If you liked this post from Frank Tait for NRA Board of Directors, why not share it?

© 2021 Frank Tait Unsubscribe
548 Market Street PMB 72296, San Francisco, CA 94104

Publish on Substack

The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2021, 09:29:39 AM »
*raises hand*

Nra life member, they won't get a dime from me until Wayne is gone
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2021, 09:56:12 AM »
*raises hand*

Nra life member, they won't get a dime from me until Wayne is gone

+1
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2021, 01:57:02 PM »
Is there a link to the instructions for writing him in?
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk