Author Topic: Final Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot  (Read 1860 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Final Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot
« on: June 28, 2021, 09:28:56 AM »
Dang.  I heard this weekend that October 2021 will be the final Knob Creek machine gun shoot.  And I'm not able to go to the last one in October.

https://americangunalliance.com/2021/06/21/this-year-is-the-end-of-knob-creek-machine-gun-shootthe-firearm-blog/

https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/359115-knob-creek-mg-shoot-to-end-after-50-years/
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1423
Re: Final Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 02:41:06 PM »
Very sad news. Right in my backyard. I WILL miss it! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Re: Final Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 08:41:23 AM »
Well, you can always drive over to NE Oklahoma for OFASTS.  We have a longer firing line.  I believe we have 92 or so slots at 10' each is 920' of guns on the line.  We don't have the pole barn, jungle walk, etc.  We do have a couple of long range shooting opportunities and they employ a helicopter company so you can shoot at targets from a chopper. 

Mike Friend, the owner, has had plans for a while to build a vendor building, and we may see that for next year.  The issue is that all of the proceeds go back into the show which leaves nothing for expansion.  When I spoke with Mike this week I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have a vendor building up for next year built from corporate donations.   

Right after the bad news about Knob Creek, line spot holders from Knob Creek began calling to get on the list for OFASTS.  If Knob Creek does follow through with this being the final machine gun shoot we're going to see some expansion.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk