Author Topic: I'm back  (Read 1315 times)

tombogan03884

I'm back
« on: July 17, 2021, 02:36:26 PM »
My laptop had a little accident and I can't read the posts on my tablet so I was out of the loop for a while.   ;D

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
Re: I'm back
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 07:43:59 AM »
Your laptop had an accident? 

Man, you really need to keep those things on a leash so they don't hurt themselves.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 08:11:12 AM »
Your laptop had an accident? 

Man, you really need to keep those things on a leash so they don't hurt themselves.

The accident was losing the internet connection one time to many.
What happened after that was no accident at all.   ;D

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2021, 08:20:42 AM »
Gotcha.  I had a laptop like that once.  It ended up as a target many years ago.  Right about the time bitcoin came out.  I had a bunch of the worthless things on the hard drive.  A 357 made that data unrecoverable.

Yeah....a bunch of the worthless bitcoins....and no backup.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 08:34:30 AM »
I need a new one.  Mine is so old (think the wide power plug) that it won't run the last two upgrades to the OS, which means it can't run new or current apps, and half the web pages won't fully function.

But it's in practically new condition though I use it several hours a day.  Original power cord too.  Despite what you may have heard I take care of my gear.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:28:50 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2021, 12:28:40 PM »
Gotcha.  I had a laptop like that once.  It ended up as a target many years ago.  Right about the time bitcoin came out.  I had a bunch of the worthless things on the hard drive.  A 357 made that data unrecoverable.

Yeah....a bunch of the worthless bitcoins....and no backup.

Could have been worse.   ;D

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9139527/Computer-programmer-2-password-guesses-left-access-220m-Bitcoin-locks-FOREVER.html#:~:text=1%20Stefan%20Thomas%20holds%20an%20estimated%20%24220%20million,attempts%20to%20get%20it%20right%20More%20items...%20

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1440
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2021, 07:53:24 AM »
My laptop had a little accident and I can't read the posts on my tablet so I was out of the loop for a while.   ;D

That sounds like it peed on itself! ;^)
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2021, 09:00:46 AM »
That sounds like it peed on itself! ;^)

I think it crapped itself the 2nd time it hit the desk.
It left a little pile.   ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2021, 01:42:39 PM »
I need a new one.  Mine is so old (think the wide power plug) that it won't run the last two upgrades to the OS, which means it can't run new or current apps, and half the web pages won't fully function.

But it's in practically new condition though I use it several hours a day.  Original power cord too.  Despite what you may have heard I take care of my gear.
you and me both, mine is a decade old.  Works ok, but it is not powerful enough to run modern cad...
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk