Author Topic: Watching The Olympics  (Read 2590 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Watching The Olympics
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2021, 06:15:11 PM »
I saw the Women's Wrestling Gold Medal match.  Our gal, Tamyra Mensah-Stock, is a 149 pounder from Katy, Texas.  She took the Gold and wore American Flag earrings to the ceremony.  She thanked God, praised America, and said she couldn't wait to get back to her husband.  Such a refreshing difference from the "Ladies" on our soccer team. 

And she really kicked butt in the final match.

Crusader Rabbit

Lucky guy .
And, YES, I mean that exactly as sarcasticlly as you think.    ;D   ;D

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2021, 07:34:10 AM »
I did hear we won in fencing .

"We" won one medal, gold, in women's fencing. Did not medal at all in any of the other fencing outfits. Full disclosure, yeah, I used to fence, foil and sabre. And the networks never cover it.

OTOH, the US has never medaled in fencing before, so a gold ain't bad for the young med student from KY.

As for the OP, the media are clearly ignoring the shooting sports wins, counting the medals but uttering not one word about which sport.

As for the naked arc welding, it's likely coming. I was stuck in a restaurant yesterday and they had men's dual war canoe and women's dual kayaking, so I imagine the welding will be in 2024, 2028 latest!

BTW, I call it the war canoe, 2 guys kneeling and paddling for all they're worth. Sure looked like a (very small) war canoe.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2021, 08:46:33 AM »
As for the OP, the media are clearly ignoring the shooting sports wins, counting the medals but uttering not one word about which sport.

Nothing new from the last 40 or 50 years.
But you must have missed this one:

https://7news.com.au/sport/olympics/ukrainian-shooter-serhiy-kulish-fires-at-wrong-target-during-tokyo-olympics-rifle-competition-c-3583935

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1423
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2021, 12:00:48 PM »
Nothing new from the last 40 or 50 years.
But you must have missed this one:

https://7news.com.au/sport/olympics/ukrainian-shooter-serhiy-kulish-fires-at-wrong-target-during-tokyo-olympics-rifle-competition-c-3583935

That happened to a usa shooter a few Olympics back.  He was so far a head he just had to hit the target to win gold.  Shot the target next too him and placed some where in the teens.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:51:33 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2021, 12:03:20 PM »
I saw the Women's Wrestling Gold Medal match.  Our gal, Tamyra Mensah-Stock, is a 149 pounder from Katy, Texas.  She took the Gold and wore American Flag earrings to the ceremony.  She thanked God, praised America, and said she couldn't wait to get back to her husband.  Such a refreshing difference from the "Ladies" on our soccer team. 

And she really kicked butt in the final match.

Crusader Rabbit

Y I u can't be a wrestler and liberal.  Its too hard of a support and you know all to well what sacrifice  means

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2021, 01:55:54 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2021, 08:07:17 PM »
Did you see where the reigning 2x world ta Kwan do champion lost thr gold medal match.... because his kick was too strong and knock the opponent  out.

You can't make this shit up.  A combat sport where you are supposed to kick them in the head, just not too hard.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk