Author Topic: Kid Shelleen???  (Read 2081 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
Kid Shelleen???
« on: August 15, 2021, 10:50:53 PM »
Looking for some help for our old timers on here.

A little while back we had the birthday for the Kid.  He has not posted for 10 years (August 4, 2011), and that post was a run down of his illness.  Johnny Bravo, his brother-in-law, had helped him and also kept him informed, but Johnny has also gone missing.

I believe that the Kid has passed during this decade, but I can't find anything.  I don't want to add him to the list of those we have lost until I know.

Does anyone have any info on the Kid or Johnny?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Kid Shelleen???
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 03:47:20 AM »
I remember Kid Shelleen. He was a regular. Then he disappeared for a while. Then came back. I remember his illness that he talked about. Then nothing after that. It's been a long time. 10 years at least.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 08:08:42 AM »
Did either of them have contact info in the Rangers section ?

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 07:47:51 PM »
No replies to messages sent to those.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2021, 07:50:31 PM »
Does anyone know if Johnny Bravo is on Faceybookey?  Maybe that could facilitate a connection.

I remember The Kid.  He was poisoned by food.  It was an event that happened to quite a few people. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:15:26 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 03:21:58 PM »
Does anyone know if Johnny Bravo is on Faceybookey?  Maybe that could facilitate a connection.

I remember The Kid.  He was poisoned by food.  It was an event that happened to quite a few people.

He was years ago, but have not heard anything in a long time.

Looking for some help for our old timers on here.

A little while back we had the birthday for the Kid.  He has not posted for 10 years (August 4, 2011), and that post was a run down of his illness.  Johnny Bravo, his brother-in-law, had helped him and also kept him informed, but Johnny has also gone missing.

I believe that the Kid has passed during this decade, but I can't find anything.  I don't want to add him to the list of those we have lost until I know.

Does anyone have any info on the Kid or Johnny?

I went and got Kid's name from the Ranger list and did an online search for a possible obit, but found nothing so far.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2021, 04:43:48 PM »
I've searched Obits - It's what taxidermists do for fun.

Another missing is M25Operator.  Benny was last active here May 28, 2019, and he last posted Facebook July 21, 2021.  Once again, obit searches have brought nothing.

Benny had a major health issue, recovered some, but as far as I know was very frail.  His wife had issues as well.

I used to talk to him on the phone, but I quit calling him, because his heavy Texas accent was very difficult for me to understand.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2021, 08:27:50 PM »
I miss Benny.  I had breakfast with him once quite a few years ago.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2021, 08:23:49 PM »
Found Benny!!!

I received a request from his wife - Didn't know the relationship, but recognized the name.  I asked about relationship, and she confirmed "wife of 41 years."  I commented on many of us losing contact with Benny (she refers to him as Ben), and she gave a brief rundown:

He is a quadriplegic (I think most of us knew about this, following a major health issue)
He was in a hospice unit
In 2014 they moved him to an apartment in Dallas
His Facebook account was hacked, and he wants to set up a new one in the near future.

Rosalba says to pass the word, and he will be back in touch soon.  Hopefully we can steer him back to this sight as well.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2021, 05:02:16 PM »
Dang.  I did not know he was a quadriplegic.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk